Position Title: MECHANICAL ENGINEER LEAD
Due to organizational growth, we have an immediate opening for an Mechanical Engineering Lead position.
BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
Minimum 5-8 years of experience designing machinery.
- Plan and direct all mechanical engineering related production projects in Loveland, Colorado.
- Determines schedule commitment dates with Business Unit Directors, monitor progress, assure projects are completed according to customer requirements, on time and within budget.
- Maintain department schedule for mechanical engineers.
- Maintains weekly forecast for remaining project engineering hours.
- Responsible for reviewing customer projects specifications and assigning appropriate engineers.
- Lead day to day activities associated with projects.
- Responsible for reviewing the individual Engineers performance, conduct reviews.
- Coordinate engineering design standards.
- Ensure communication exists between departments.
- Responsible for the hiring and firing of engineers.
- Provide strong technical leadership and direction.
- Develop innovative solutions to technically challenging problems.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Involved in forecasting annual operating plan.
- Provide input regarding the CAD system.
- Responsible for working with Project Management to determine project requirements, cost, etc.
- Required to spend time with our customers to understand their problems/opportunities, and find innovative solutions.
- Some travel is required (10% or less).
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Proficient in machine design, experienced with SolidWorks, AutoCAD, ME10 (optional), DBWorks and Mapic’s.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Office including Project.
Education or Formal Training
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent preferred
- 10 years experience designing machinery.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
- Must be able to negotiate stairways and platforms on machinery under construction.
Candidates need to possess good communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of management, clients, and vendors.
The Loveland, CO facility has a staff of 123 professionals including 22 engineers that are dedicated to the mechanical and electrical integration of automated production solutions. Our business continues to experience controlled and consistent growth. This growth provides both new and existing professionals alike with opportunities to grow their careers and technical capabilities.
PAY $ 75-90K