Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open Counsel Jobs in Orange County, CA
Workers' Compensation Staff Counsel (Remote)
Are you passionate about workplace safety? Do you believe in providing high quality and cost-effective legal representation? Would you like to be part of a successful team?
My client, one of the top insurance groups in the industry, offers outstanding opportunities for professionals interested in workplace safety and health. They offer unparalleled financial strength, stability and “large company” benefits, in addition to an exciting, friendly, “small company” atmosphere.
My client is currently seeking an experienced Staff Counsel to handle Workers' Compensation matters in the Orange County area. The Staff Counsel will demonstrate exceptional knowledge and expertise in all phases of litigation and trial and provide superior service to insured clients and claim partners as part of a legal team.
The Staff Counsel responsible for handling a caseload of workers’ compensation cases pending at the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board. The individual will work 100% remotely in the Orange County area, with clerical assistance provided
- Review files and provide analysis of legal issues to claims;
- Create litigation strategy and direct workers’ compensation cases to resolution;
- Prepare, attend, and report on administrative and trial proceedings;
- Provide educational seminars and roundtables to the Claims Department as needed;
- Draft pleadings, petitions, correspondence and documents;
- Perform legal research;
- Communicate with co-workers, members of the legal community, judges, and court personnel
- Law degree (LLB or JD) from an accredited law school and admitted to The State Bar of California.
- At least five years workers’ compensation experience is required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to negotiate, write and interpret business correspondence, reports and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must have knowledge of office operations, workflow analysis, and current technologies in telecommunications, data entry and file management.
- MS Office Suite and be proficient on applicable databases, systems and vendor software programs
- Valid driver’s license.
My client values each individual and recognizes that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of the company. Their structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which 'team players' thrive.
My client offers a very competitive compensation package that includes:
- Disability and AD&D
- Retirement & Savings Plan with 100% employer match up to 5% of salary
- Education Assistance Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
If interested please forward a copy of your current resume/CV and state your salary requirements.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About RES Consultant Group:
A company of professionals assisting clients with HR advise and solutions.
Posted date: 3 years ago
Browse Counsel jobs in Orange County, California:
In House Legal Counsel/ Real Estate Attorney Land, CC&R, HOA
Professional Staffing Ventures in Norco, CA
Posted 17 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Deputy General Counsel EVP
Opus Bank in Irvine, CA
Posted 23 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Legal Counsel - Digital
ATUL in Corona, CA
Posted 23 days ago on ZipRecruiter