Do you have a reputation for exceeding expectations? Are you an HR professional who excels in fast-paced and deadline-driven environments? If yes, this opportunity could be for you. In this position, you will collaborate with a team and work independently.
The incumbent of this position is expected to maintain a high level of confidentiality in all matters pertaining to employees; to multi-task, prioritize and manage numerous interruptions while handling a heavy workload; to perform a wide variety of tasks requiring independent judgment and action and dealing with employees at all levels, as well as the public. What will you do:
To provide human resource services in the areas of recruitment, selection, new hire onboarding, benefit administration and administration of health and safety processes, HR reporting and all HR administration for the entire company. General Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the full recruitment and selection process including new hire orientation and onboarding.
- Track and report recruitment activities including advertisement costs, cost per hire, turnover rate, status of current recruitment
- Work with Department Managers and Operations Managers to maintain and update job descriptions
- Work with associates on group benefits enrollment and benefits administration
- Organize and ensure follow through of various health and safety initiatives including maintaining monthly workplace inspections, JHSC Committee meetings are completed by each facility
- Manage Workers Compensation and Long Term Disability Claim process
- Maintain HRIS system – updating performance management information, producing performance reviews lists, salary history reports, track all employee training, recruitment tracking, track HR expense
- Work with HR Manager in dealing with associate relations questions and concerns
- Assist HR Manager on projects from time to time
- Responsible for all other HR administration
The successful applicant will possess superior interpersonal skills, outstanding database management skills, and demonstrated abilities to prioritize and meet deadlines in a changing environment, in addition to:
If you feel your qualifications and interest match this profile, please apply with salary expectations to email@example.com. Quoting file number – HRCOZP_0112 www.remco.ca Thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Expert level of computer proficiency using HRIS and Microsoft Office software with advanced level Excel skills required
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Proven ability to plan, follow-up and follow through
- An adaptable personal/professional style with a creative mindset and a sense of humor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work independently within a fast paced environment
- Experience with Payroll Process/Systems an asset
- Working knowledge and understanding of all provincial and federal employment legislations
- University or college education with a focus in Human Resources or Business Administration required
Our business focus is in providing a full range of transportation, distribution, warehousing and 3PL services across Canada. We are family owned and operated for over 40 years with a solid reputation for fast, reliable and flexible customer service, providing creative out-of-the-box solutions that produce results.
Posted 5 years ago