Your feedback helps keep ZipRecruiter safe.
Learn more about how to recognize common online scams
“Understanding and easy access to CEO and clinical director, peer support encouraged and scheduled, paid sick leave and vacation program!”
Position Description: The outpatient therapist will provide culturally competent mental health services to individuals and families who are experiencing varying levels of difficulties due to life situations or mental health concerns.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
● Provide high quality, compassionate and ethical outpatient mental health therapy to clients as scheduled.
● Complete clinical documentation within 48 hours of date of service (recommended to be completed daily)
● Actively participate as a positive member of the clinical environment.
● Maintain good standing with the appropriate board and insurance entities.
● Complete all recommended continuing education requirements
● Stay current with updated research and best practices.
● Be aware of community referral sources and refer when necessary.
● Secure client information per HIPAA standards.
● Maintain case files within electronic health record (EHR) that are up to date as described in the Job Expectations handout.
● Perform other duties as assigned (including but not limited to completion of Social Security/Disability forms, authorization and billing forms, phone calls, and participating in case consultation meetings).
● Review company Policies & Procedures on a regular basis
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Knowledge of family systems and their impact on mental health within the family
● Skill in applying varied interventions with individuals/families in crisis
● Skill in working with a variety of cultures
● Skill in working independently and implementing time management strategies
● Ability to provide necessary self-care
● Ability to demonstrate positive team interactions with other clinic staff
● Awareness of personal strengths and appropriate timing for referrals
Education and Experience:
● A masters or doctoral degree in a mental health-related field
● Licensed within the State of North Carolina (Associate or Fully licensed) and credentialed with at least three insurance companies (once hired and if applicable).
● Previous experience in home-based mental health, office-based counseling and/or school-based counseling protocol, and/or knowledge of EHR are desirable but not required
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by professionals within this position but is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Multi-cultural therapy staff and client population
We're sending you an email you can use to verify and access your account. If you'd like to create a password, create one here.