Pay $60-$74K plus bonus
Our client is a fast-paced manufacturer of polymer products for the construction industry, and is located in a LOW cost of living area of the Great Lakes region. As Production Manager, you will be responsible to ensure an open positive work environment that promotes team success. Your primary responsibilities will include safety, quality, productivity and process improvement. You will be the change agent in this fast paced, 24/7, ever-evolving and challenging environment. Relocation assistance will be provided, along with great benefits.Key Industries: Profile Extrusion, Compounding, Blow Molding, Film, Sheet, Siding, Non-wovens, Fibers, Yarns, Web, Window, Pipe, Decking, Molding Recycling, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- The Production Manager creates a culture that promotes safety as a top priority.
- The Production Manager drives continuous improvement, and constantly evaluates productivity and the current staff to optimize production efficiency.
- The Production Manager is responsible for development, training and coaching of Supervisors and staff, sets individual and team goals for staff, and provides continuous feedback. ‘
- The Production Manager is responsible for all operations in the plant on all shifts.
- The Production Manager will ensure setups and changeovers are timely and accurate and will be responsible for the production schedule for all shifts.
- The Production Manager will conduct timely annual reviews and evaluations of Supervisors and related indirect staff.
- Bachelor degree REQUIRED, with one exception…if you are currently enrolled and are finishing a degree, we might be able to make this work.
- The Production Manager will have 5 years of increasing responsibility in a manufacturing environment.
- The Production Manager will have a minimum of 4 years experience of industrial supervision/management in a polymer or plastics manufacturing environment that can include Profile Extrusion, Compounding, Blow Molding, Film, Sheet, Web, Window, Pipe, Siding, Decking, Molding Recycling, etc.
- The Production Manager will have at least 2 years experience implementing Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen (Toyota Production System), and 5-S in a manufacturing environment.
- The Production Manager must have the ability to set goals and hold the team accountable to achieve these goals. Must have excellent communication skills, and must take responsibility for their actions.