Looking for a design-sensitive, ambitious design professional with good people skills and a high level of organization. This individual would run our four person civil engineering department and work closely with our architects, schematic design and estimating departments for a very successful, 50 person design-build firm in Westfield, NJ.
We're looking for a creative person who is well-versed in AutoCAD and other design programs. The ideal candidate would be an experienced designer who could meet with prospective clients to discuss their wants and needs, and then prepare site concepts with a creative design in mind. It's also very important that the person filling this role be a good communicator, and is able to effectively interact with our staff of in-house architects and salesmen.
· Meets with clients, along with project teams, to ensure all information is documented and communicated back to other individuals and teams with involvement in the project
· Manage components/tasks of each consulting project to ensure effective execution, according to job deadlines
· Daily tracking and communicating of deadlines
· Interacts and communicates effectively and professionally with all internal team members and clients
· Assures execution of, and assists with quality control activities for architectural, engineering and schematic elements on projects when needed
· Reviews drawings prior to final submittal, documenting code review and compliance and possible changes if needed
· Prepares for and testifies at planning board meetings for in house Design Build Jobs (approx 10 times per year)
· Be able to create “on the fly” schematic designs during client meetings
· Engineering P.E. license
· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
· Proficient in Auto Cad or Revit - Required
· Proficient in Microsoft Office package: Outlook, Word, Excel
· MS Project proficiency is highly preferred
. Happy and Energetic Disposition
email resume to : Ellen@redcomllc.com or call 908-233-4030 xt 255
About REDCOM Design & Construction LLC:
REDCOM is a 50 person Design/Build firm with over 30 years of experience in commercial, industrial and institutional projects. We've been featured in magazines such as NJ BIZ Inc., Crain's New York, North American Builders, and U.S. Builders Review. Clients love our company, and so will you!