Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Linux System Engineer Jobs in Seattle, WA
Linux, Systems Engineer: Puppet, Ruby, PostgreSQL ..
Need a new challenging environment? Want your opinion not only to maters but most likely to be implemented?
Well, this is the perfect opportunity for you to be challenged and grow, in a high availability internet application environment with millions of concurrent users.
To know more Call ME: can't hurt to get more info: 206-600-7899 x211
What you will be helping to create:
This is a world class technology infrastructure, which is comprised of complex systems that can spot emergent trends before anywhere else and best merchandise this content across channels – web, mobile, and social. "The Platform", with a core focus on using machine learning, data collection, analytics, and optimization techniques on data from a variety of sources.
What you will be doing:
Be the Puppet master (figurative), expanding the existing Puppet infrastructure towards automating everything from initial server provisioning, application deployment to all dev/test/production environments, and monitoring of these services using Nagios. Also touch every part of the Systems:
- Participate in the design, implementation, and maintenance of the Ruby on Rails, Python, and Java applications that make up our service.
- Work with the development, QA, and Operations teams to automate manual steps in development and deployment processes; ensure adequate level of health monitoring for all production systems.
- Design, implement, and test disaster recovery capability for all business critical services
The skill you will need to do the job:
- Linux Admin, various Linux distributions
- Puppet Labs: installations, administering, customizing.
- Shell scripting skills = very good.
- PostgreSQL Exp: installing, configuring and maintaining (including hot standby replication setups)
- MySQL Exp: installing, configuring and maintaining.
- 24X7 Support: (low on-call instances) high availability internet application environments (web, application, database servers and load balancing systems)
- Have an opinion, communicate your side and influence with your knowledge /data.
- Like what you do and do it well.
Nice to have, but alone they will not get you the job:
- Nagios monitoring experience - F5/Cisco hardware experience - Application building experience with: Ruby on Rails, Python and Java - Varnish HTTP Proxy software exp - Comfort working in a highly collaborative, agile development environment
Job Title: Linux, Systems Engineer / Administrator
Salary: (Very competitive, lets talk)
>> This position requires that you are able to work for any employer in the US. <<<
If this sounds like fun, please contact me so I can give you more info.
Call me or email me.
John Bilodeau | Sr. Technical Recruiter| Recruiting Point Inc. |o: 206.600.7899 | 206.701.9187
We find great intellectual capital.
About Recruiting Point Inc:
Very Competitive Salaries
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Linux System Engineer jobs in Seattle, Washington: