Medical, 401K, Vision, Life, Dental
Why Work Here?
“Great Company, friendly staff, and lots of room for growth!”
The Environmental Services Director is responsible for the care and cleaning of all aspects of the Environmental Services Department for the Community; controlling the quality and timeliness of all work originating in the laundry; hiring, training and supervising all housekeepers, custodians, laundry, lead and management personnel, procuring of supplies, chemicals and equipment, inventory control, budget preparation, and operating within budgetary guidelines. This is a BRAND NEW High Quality Continuing Care Retirement Community opening in San Juan Capistrano, CA!
*This position is schedule to start @ 11/1/2018*
- Assures timely response to resident inquiries and work orders.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining excellent resident satisfaction and employee engagement.
- Hires, trains, and supervises all housekeepers, custodians, laundry, and supervisor personnel. Supervises the performance of all housekeeping, custodians and laundry personnel through personal inspections and other quality control techniques.
- Delegate authority to supervisory staff for task details to facilitate the smooth flow of materials and services.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
- Maintains required records, reports, studies.
- Prepares budget and ensures department operates within budgetary guidelines.
- Implements and monitors the department’s safety program, infection control program, and quality standards policies and procedures.
- Coordinates apartment refurbishing with the Plant Operations Director & Marketing Director.
- Coordinates department functions with those of other departments(e.g. Activities, Food & Beverage, Marketing, etc).
- Procures supplies, chemicals, and equipment. Inventory control. Test and evaluates new products to improve efficiency.
- Inspects all housekeeping and laundry equipment regularly for proper functioning and safety.
- On call 24/7. Serves as rotating Director on Duty as required.
- Manages proper disposal of trash and recyclables within the community.
- Prepares for annual State Inspections and re-certification
- Prepares for scheduled Government inspections- OSHA, Fire Marshall etc.
- Complies with all federal, state and local codes, laws, and regulations governing the Community(RCFE, CDPH, CMS).
- Actively participates on the Safety, Emergency Preparedness, Quality Improvement and other Community committees.
- At least three years of environmental services management experience in a retirement facility, hotel, hospital, or similar environment.
- Thorough knowledge of floor equipment, carpet care, general cleaning, and laundry equipment, and comprehensive knowledge of housekeeping chemicals and MSDS compliance. Knowledge of infection control.
- Strong organizational, scheduling and planning skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A passion for giving excellent customer service.
- Working knowledge of floor equipment, carpet care, chemical use and laundry equipment.
About Reata Glen Orange County CCRC LLC:
A new Continuing Life® retirement community is coming to South Orange County. Reata Glen Orange County will offer a variety of beautiful homes, convenient amenities and diverse activities, and access to long-term care if needed, a combination that provides for comfort, freedom and peace of mind.
28805 Ortega Highway, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
20 days ago