Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Director of Accounting Jobs in St Louis, MO
Senior Accounting Director
Summary: Responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of company operations. Provide leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting and budgeting efforts of the company.
1. Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting, tax planning and preparation, real estate, and conservation of assets.
2. Approve and coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems for the company.
3. Conduct and oversee audits.
4. Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements.
5. Is responsible for the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure, and position control documents, budgets, ledger and account maintenance, data entry, balancing of all accounts, Federal and State tax matters and filings, insurance, payroll, and certain HR functions.
6. Coordinate and prepare financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports.
7. Develop and implement finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures.
8. Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
9. Interact with other staff to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
10. Develop and direct the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects, programs, and systems.
11. Assist in obtaining/maintaining the necessary licenses and insurance required for existing entities as well as new.
12. Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide staff and leaders
13. Analyze financial statements to pinpoint potential weak areas.
14. Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
15. Responsible for company payroll and entries
16. Monitor all banking activities of the organization.
17. Responsible for business insurance plans, 401K, dental and health care coverage analysis.
18. Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Accounting in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles,
• Current trends, developments, and theories in financing.
• Experience with real estate investments, purchases, sales, capital expenditures, 1031 exchanges, and the impact of all of these matters on the various investment companies’ books and taxes.
• Acquisition and development of properties helpful.
• Organizational development, human resources, and program operations.
• Must be computer literate. Strong working knowledge of general office software, Microsoft, Word and Excel and use of databases.
• Create and assess financial statements and budget documents.
• Recognize and be responsive to the needs of the organization and personnel.
• Supervise staff, including regular progress reviews and plans for improvement. Supervision means ability to do their tasks and understand their job duties, as well as assuming the responsibility for accuracy.
• Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the company and with staff at remote locations is essential.
• Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Completion of a bachelor's degree at an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
• Completion of a master's degree at an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
• For Profit Real Estate Related Industry
• The Controller Level preferred
• Five to seven years of financial experience and management experience with the day-to-day financial operations of an organization in the areas set forth above
Salary and Benefits commensurate with experience.
About Real Estate Investment and Management Company:
Multi-Family Real Estate Investment and Management Company.
Posted date: 4 years ago
Browse Director of Accounting jobs in St Louis, Missouri: