Real-estate firm in Edison, NJ seeks an HVAC to operate, maintains, and repair heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment necessary for commercial buildings. Will work as part of a team within Preventive Maintenance and Customer Service departments on all aspects of HVAC for this commercial real estate developer.
- Maintains and performs preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment; adjusts and calibrates as required.
- Responds to customer issues regarding HVAC equipment and adjusts and repairs where necessary.
- Performs all repairs on pumps, compressors, and centrifugal equipment
- Performs tests on water systems tied in with HVAC.
- Performs routine inspections on rooftop equipment as required.
- Greets township building inspectors or insurance and loss control inspectors and provide tours of equipment and facilities as required.
- Performs inspections on equipment as required for State permits.
- Performs electrical and pipefitting repairs to HVAC systems.
- Performs physical inventory of all HVAC parts and equipment for all company owned buildings and facilities.
- Responsible for cooperating with all aspects of the health and safety program, including compliance with all rules and regulations, and for practicing safety while performing duties at all times.
- May be required to return to work after regular hours if major problems with HVAC equipment are encountered on off-shifts or weekends.
- Assists other departments whenever necessary on special projects and routine maintenance.
- Assists in the achievement of departmental and Company goals.
- Type I and Type II Refrigerant Certifications.
- Nate Certification desirable.
- Exemplary work and attendance record.
- Completion of formal apprenticeship program or completion of in-company, training programs to the satisfaction of company.
- Mechanical aptitude acquired through vocational school or work experience. Considerable physical effort of arms and hands.
- Good customer service skills with the ability to work with a diverse group of co-workers and customers.
- Ability to work in an organized and efficient manner, paying attention to details.
- Professional attire and grooming consistent with corporate culture.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license in good standing
- Must have excellent writing skills/ comprehension testing will be done