FierceMarkets, a division of Questex, LLC, a B2B online media company based in Washington, D.C., that covers industries including biotech, pharmaceuticals, healthcare and telecommunications, has an immediate opening for a full-time production editor.
We are looking for a professional editor who can step into a fast-paced digital news room. The ideal candidate must have the ability to catch grammatical and factual errors in copy, as well as work collaboratively with writers to improve their articles. Comfort with a content management system and email marketing tool, such as Marketo, would be a plus.
Among your responsibilities:
· Provide thorough edits to articles and special reports,
· Turn copy around quickly,
· Work collaboratively with the news teams as well as colleagues on the production team,
· Manage the process of sending newsletters.
Qualifications and skills:
· Minimum of 1 year of experience in online or print journalism.
· Specialty in copy editing preferred.
· Degree in Journalism, Communications or English.
· Strong writing skills and knowledge of AP style.
· Familiarity with a content management system. Basic understanding of SEO, HTML and photo editing software is a bonus.
· Most importantly, you need to have a positive attitude, “fierce” work ethic and desire to work on a winning team. Our goal is to maintain our position as the leading resource for our business professional readers each day.
Our newsroom relies heavily on enterprise social tools such as Trello and Slack. Only candidates eager to collaborate in real time via these tools should apply.
Come join our talented team of writers and editors who collectively have decades of journalism experience. This position reports directly to the Digital Editorial Director and is based in Washington D.C. Remote candidates will be considered if justified by talent and experience.
Why Work for Questex?
FierceMarkets is a division of Questex, LLC. Questex strives for and values creativity, competence, integrity, friendliness, loyalty, diversity, high-energy output, a sense of humor, and the pursuit of excellence in our many workplaces. Those include our office locations, our field-based work with clients and our on-site work at trade shows, conferences and events around the world. We aim for our employees to be customer-focused, entrepreneurial, happy, vocal, and productive members of our organization. All employees are encouraged to act in the best interest of each other, our customers, and the company.
Questex produces industry-leading digital media, events, business information and content marketing solutions in the markets we serve. Diversification of our product lines, served markets and client base creates a wealth of career development opportunities for Questex team members and those seeking to join.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages and the opportunity to grow your career, work with great team members, alongside some of the world's greatest companies to apply your existing skills and learn new ones. We look forward to speaking with.
Members of Our Team Enjoy
· The prestige of working at a leading company in a growth industry
· Challenging work assignments and advancement opportunity
· Excellent benefits -- health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, and more
· A culture of innovation and learning, with plenty of professional development opportunities
Email your resume and cover letter. A copy editing test will be part of this application process.
Questex LLC is a leading global business events and information company serving corporate and government clients and industries that are driving economic growth and business innovation around the world.
The company drives business investment, innovation and demand-creation in the markets it serves by bringing together investors, buyers, sellers and professionals through its over 120 trade shows, conferences and other business events and informing them through related business media and information products. Questex’s industry-focused business units include Life Sciences & Healthcare, Hospitality & Travel, Beauty & Wellness, Technology & Telecom groups.
Questex is headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts. The company employs over 350 professional staff members operating in the United States and the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific regions. For more information, visit questex.com.
Posted date: 22 days ago