Sorry, this job was closed 8 months ago. See all open News Editor Jobs in Washington County, DC
FierceMarkets, a division of Questex, LLC is a B2B online media company based in Washington, D.C., that covers industries including biotech, pharmaceuticals, healthcare and telecommunications, has an immediate opening for a full-time news editor in our Life Sciences group writing for FierceBiotech.
We are looking for an experienced, professional journalist who can step into a position that requires daily reporting and analysis for one of the company's leading news sites. The ideal candidate must have the ability to operate in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, develop great sources in the global biotech industry and work with an experienced team of business journalists who pride themselves on providing sharp, incisive news and analysis for a large, demanding audience.
Among your responsibilities:
· Write two-plus daily news stories and analysis, plus some longer-term enterprise reporting.
· Find and pitch stories.
· Develop sources.
· Work with editors on story angles, headlines, images and SEO.
· Mine government databases, court documents, securities filings and other public sources for news and enterprise stories.
· Interview CEOs, R&D executives, scientists, analysts and other industry sources.
· Post and interact on social media.
· Lead and contribute to annual features and special reports closely watched in the industries we cover.
· Attend, report on and participate in industry and investor conferences, medical meetings and our own events.
· Offer editorial insights to the conference team for panel creation and panelist selection.
· Moderate Fierce conference panels.
Qualifications and skills:
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in online or print journalism.
· Business and/or life sciences writing experience preferred.
· Degree in Journalism, Communications, English or a field relevant to the subject matter.
· Strong writing skills and knowledge of AP style.
· Familiarity with a content management system. Basic understanding of SEO, HTML and photo editing software is a bonus.
· Most importantly, you need to have a positive attitude, “fierce” work ethic and desire to work on a winning team. Our goal is to maintain our position as the leading resource for our business professional readers each day.
Come join our talented team of writers and editors who collectively have decades of journalism experience. This position reports directly to the Editor-in-Chief and is based in Washington D.C. Remote candidates will be considered if justified by talent and experience.
Why Work for Questex?
FierceMarkets is a division of Questex. Questex strives for and values creativity, competence, integrity, friendliness, loyalty, diversity, high-energy output, a sense of humor, and the pursuit of excellence in our many workplaces. Those include our office locations, our field-based work with clients and our on-site work at trade shows, conferences and events around the world. We aim for our employees to be customer-focused, entrepreneurial, happy, vocal, and productive members of our organization. All employees are encouraged to act in the best interest of each other, our customers, and the company.
Questex produces industry-leading digital media, events, business information and content marketing solutions in the markets we serve. Diversification of our product lines, served markets and client base creates a wealth of career development opportunities for Questex team members and those seeking to join.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages and the opportunity to grow your career, work with great team members, alongside some of the world's greatest companies to apply your existing skills and learn new ones. We look forward to speaking with.
Members of Our Team Enjoy
· The prestige of working at a leading company in a growth industry
· Challenging work assignments and advancement opportunity
· Excellent benefits -- health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, and more
· A culture of innovation and learning, with plenty of professional development opportunities
Email your resume, cover letter and two published news writing clips to Molly Walker.
Questex LLC is a leading global business events and information company serving corporate and government clients and industries that are driving economic growth and business innovation around the world.
The company drives business investment, innovation and demand-creation in the markets it serves by bringing together investors, buyers, sellers and professionals through its over 120 trade shows, conferences and other business events and informing them through related business media and information products. Questex’s industry-focused business units include Life Sciences & Healthcare, Hospitality & Travel, Beauty & Wellness, Technology & Telecom groups.
Questex is headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts. The company employs over 350 professional staff members operating in the United States and the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific regions. For more information, visit questex.com.
Posted date: 8 months ago
Browse News Editor jobs in Washington County DC USA: