Sorry, this job was closed 15 days ago. See all open Editor Jobs in Washington, District Of Columbia
Benefits OfferedMedical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K
FierceMarkets, a division of Questex, LLC is a B2B online media company based in Washington, D.C., that covers industries including biotech, pharmaceuticals, healthcare and telecommunications, has an immediate opening for a full-time editor for our new publication, FierceCEO.
We're looking for a writer who can distill the most important information from today’s news and convey it in a punchy format. The site and newsletter will serve as the executive’s guide to growing, transforming and managing their company. In addition to providing readers with the daily news and context on topics executives care about most, the editor will have a strong presence on social media, build longer-form special reports and potentially moderate webinars or in-person events.
Among your responsibilities:
· Write daily news articles.
· Become an authority on the issues important to CEOs, including regulations, growing revenue, enterprise technology, customer experience and human capital.
· Inject the title with a strong voice and style.
· Draw clear lines and set standards on what the publication will and will not cover, and how it will cover certain topics (news judgment).
· Approach storytelling creatively and try new formats, such as video, multimedia and social embeds, polls and timelines.
· Build a deep bench of executive-level sources and pursue outreach to industry experts for contributed content.
· Collaborate with our Content Marketing team on editorially driven advanced products.
Qualifications and skills:
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
· Degree in Journalism, Communications, English or a field relevant to the subject matter, such as Business.
· Strong writing skills.
· Knowledge of AP style.
· Familiarity with a content management system. Basic understanding of SEO, HTML and photo editing software is a bonus.
· Most importantly, you need to have a positive attitude, “fierce” work ethic and desire to work on a winning team. Our goal is to maintain our position as the leading resource for our business professional readers each day.
Come join our talented team of writers and editors who collectively have decades of journalism experience. This position is based in our Washington, D.C. office; however, candidates outside of DC may be considered.
Why Work for Questex?
FierceMarkets is a division of Questex. Questex strives for and values creativity, competence, integrity, friendliness, loyalty, diversity, high-energy output, a sense of humor, and the pursuit of excellence in our many workplaces. Those include our office locations, our field-based work with clients and our on-site work at trade shows, conferences and events around the world. We aim for our employees to be customer-focused, entrepreneurial, happy, vocal, and productive members of our organization. All employees are encouraged to act in the best interest of each other, our customers, and the company.
Questex produces industry-leading digital media, events, business information and content marketing solutions in the markets we serve. Diversification of our product lines, served markets and client base creates a wealth of career development opportunities for Questex team members and those seeking to join.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages and the opportunity to grow your career, work with great team members, alongside some of the world's greatest companies to apply your existing skills and learn new ones. We look forward to speaking with.
Members of Our Team Enjoy
· The prestige of working at a leading company in a growth industry
· Challenging work assignments and advancement opportunity
· Excellent benefits -- health, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and more
· A culture of innovation and learning, with plenty of professional development opportunities
Email your resume, cover letter, and a news writing clip.
About Questex LLC:
Questex is a leading global business information company headquartered in Newton, MA. We drive business investment, innovation and demand creation in the markets we serve by bringing investors, buyers, sellers and professionals together through a wide range of business events; inform them through our business information and intelligence products and support marketers with a comprehensive platform of demand generation, lead-gen, branding, digital media, events and marketing products and services produced by our professional staff and delivered worldwide.
Questex serves the key economic sectors and industries that are driving economic growth, business investment and employment around the world. Within the Consumer Services & Retail sector, Questex serves the travel, hospitality, beauty, spa, fitness, restaurant, nightclub and bar home entertainment and retail industries. Our High Technology sector focus includes global telecommunications, sensors, M2M and mobile as well as enterprise I.T., software and services. Our Life Sciences & Healthcare sector covers every aspect of the pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device industries as well as healthcare technology and the healthcare provider, payer and regulatory markets. The company's properties include over 100 digital media products and over 50 conferences, tradeshows and events, as well as a range of business information and intelligence products. The company's businesses are managed by 400 professional staff through the Questex and FierceMarkets operating divisions, with offices located throughout the United States of America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
Posted date: 1 month ago
Browse Editor jobs in Washington, D.C.:
News Editor, FierceBiotech
Questex LLC in Washington, DC
Posted 7 days ago on ZipRecruiter
National Association of Independent Schools in Washington, DC
Posted 6 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Production Editor / Manuscript QC Specialist [Remote]
Impact Journals, LLC // Oncotarget in Washington, DC
Posted 17 days ago on ZipRecruiter