Sorry, this job was closed 6 months ago. See all open Editor Jobs in Washington, District Of Columbia
FierceMarkets, a division of Questex, LLC is a B2B online media company based in Washington, D.C., that covers industries including biotech, pharmaceuticals, healthcare and telecommunications, has an immediate opening for a full-time editor for our new publication, FierceCEO.
We're looking for a writer who can distill the most important information from today’s news and convey it in a punchy format. The site and newsletter will serve as the executive’s guide to growing, transforming and managing their company. In addition to providing readers with the daily news and context on topics executives care about most, the editor will have a strong presence on social media, build longer-form special reports and potentially moderate webinars or in-person events.
Among your responsibilities:
· Write daily news articles.
· Become an authority on the issues important to CEOs, including regulations, growing revenue, enterprise technology, customer experience and human capital.
· Inject the title with a strong voice and style.
· Draw clear lines and set standards on what the publication will and will not cover, and how it will cover certain topics (news judgment).
· Approach storytelling creatively and try new formats, such as video, multimedia and social embeds, polls and timelines.
· Build a deep bench of executive-level sources and pursue outreach to industry experts for contributed content.
· Collaborate with our Content Marketing team on editorially driven advanced products.
Qualifications and skills:
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
· Degree in Journalism, Communications, English or a field relevant to the subject matter, such as Business.
· Strong writing skills.
· Knowledge of AP style.
· Familiarity with a content management system. Basic understanding of SEO, HTML and photo editing software is a bonus.
· Most importantly, you need to have a positive attitude, “fierce” work ethic and desire to work on a winning team. Our goal is to maintain our position as the leading resource for our business professional readers each day.
Come join our talented team of writers and editors who collectively have decades of journalism experience. This position is based in our Washington, D.C. office; however, candidates outside of DC may be considered.
Why Work for Questex?
FierceMarkets is a division of Questex. Questex strives for and values creativity, competence, integrity, friendliness, loyalty, diversity, high-energy output, a sense of humor, and the pursuit of excellence in our many workplaces. Those include our office locations, our field-based work with clients and our on-site work at trade shows, conferences and events around the world. We aim for our employees to be customer-focused, entrepreneurial, happy, vocal, and productive members of our organization. All employees are encouraged to act in the best interest of each other, our customers, and the company.
Questex produces industry-leading digital media, events, business information and content marketing solutions in the markets we serve. Diversification of our product lines, served markets and client base creates a wealth of career development opportunities for Questex team members and those seeking to join.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages and the opportunity to grow your career, work with great team members, alongside some of the world's greatest companies to apply your existing skills and learn new ones. We look forward to speaking with.
Members of Our Team Enjoy
· The prestige of working at a leading company in a growth industry
· Challenging work assignments and advancement opportunity
· Excellent benefits -- health, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and more
· A culture of innovation and learning, with plenty of professional development opportunities
Email your resume, cover letter, and a news writing clip.
Questex LLC is a leading global business events and information company serving corporate and government clients and industries that are driving economic growth and business innovation around the world.
The company drives business investment, innovation and demand-creation in the markets it serves by bringing together investors, buyers, sellers and professionals through its over 120 trade shows, conferences and other business events and informing them through related business media and information products. Questex’s industry-focused business units include Life Sciences & Healthcare, Hospitality & Travel, Beauty & Wellness, Technology & Telecom groups.
Questex is headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts. The company employs over 350 professional staff members operating in the United States and the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific regions. For more information, visit questex.com.
Posted date: 6 months ago
Browse Editor jobs in Washington D.C.: