The Digital Selling Publisher’s chief responsibility is personal and group revenue and sales achievement for their vertical market(s) and those groupings of publications. This includes ancillary, custom products, or assigned events related to their respective publications or vertical groups. The Publisher is responsible for significant personal sales contribution via their own clients and/or territory; directs sales management functions for all salespeople assigned to them and/or their vertical. The Publisher is responsible for some level of editorial oversight, and collaboration on content and audience positioning. The Publisher maintains deep competitive familiarity and analysis, and determines optimal positioning in the marketplace.
We are in need of someone who can be leveraged across various business verticals, where there is a need. The position can be based out of NYC or DC and will work with groups, across all entities. Travel will be a necessity.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Continued individual sales/revenue contribution includes:
- Individual quota ownership along with their team members
- Monthly revenue quotas
- Tiered commissions paid as is standard, currently in the months following the booking, running, billing and recognition of revenue
- Will be the business face of the assigned vertical group within the industry and maintain a visible presence at tradeshows, conferences, panels, in front of key accounts, which they own or while supporting other reps.
- Product and competitive set positioning – shapes our vertical brand’s position in the market, how we differentiate from competition, win more desired readers and grow advertising share.
- Develop new products or packaging as needed to facilitate growth and market needs.
- Actively seek and develop external relationships and partnerships that will grow our market presence or readership including media partnerships or trade association work.
- Provide strategic input and participation to grow and improve the overall Questex Digital Business.
- Participate in senior planning sessions and projects.
- Actively follow B2B e-media market.
- Actively reinforce and align colleagues around Questex goals and Questex digital strategy.
- Sales team – full responsibility for revenue and sales success
- Pipeline management and forecasting of individual performance
- Significant tandem sales
- Sales Training
- Industry knowledge transfer
- Recruitment of new account executives and sales associates
- Continued evaluation of team members via regular and scheduled reviews and performance evaluations
- Editorial – Collaboration with editorial functions to ensure mastery of industry, and tight coordination on audience, content and advertising solutions.
- Account analysis: Mastery of sales team status with key accounts (Tier 1 and Tier 2) and individual Account Executive account plans/strategy twice per year
- Consistent completion of standardized (via provided template) weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting on revenue pacing, pipeline, vertical group priorities, key event presence and new initiatives
- Forecasting –at any time should have real-time as well as scheduled forecasts for future revenues by month, quarter and beyond. Supporting data includes:
- Pipeline analysis for current and future months’ expected revenue recognition
- SFDC metric reports
- Account analysis
- Sales pacing
- Market trends
- Account Executive performance
· 4-year bachelor’s degree
· 5-10 years of sales and media sales success and proven sales management experience
· Should have a deep understanding of the current digital media landscape, comfort with the latest sales techniques, CRMs, metrics-driven sales oversight, sales tech and adtech platforms.
· Someone with pharma background expertise would be a huge plus.
About Questex LLC:
Questex is a leading global business information company headquartered in Newton, MA. We drive business investment, innovation and demand creation in the markets we serve by bringing investors, buyers, sellers and professionals together through a wide range of business events; inform them through our business information and intelligence products and support marketers with a comprehensive platform of demand generation, lead-gen, branding, digital media, events and marketing products and services produced by our professional staff and delivered worldwide.
Questex serves the key economic sectors and industries that are driving economic growth, business investment and employment around the world. Within the Consumer Services & Retail sector, Questex serves the travel, hospitality, beauty, spa, fitness, restaurant, nightclub and bar home entertainment and retail industries. Our High Technology sector focus includes global telecommunications, sensors, M2M and mobile as well as enterprise I.T., software and services. Our Life Sciences & Healthcare sector covers every aspect of the pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device industries as well as healthcare technology and the healthcare provider, payer and regulatory markets. The company's properties include over 100 digital media products and over 50 conferences, tradeshows and events, as well as a range of business information and intelligence products. The company's businesses are managed by 400 professional staff through the Questex and FierceMarkets operating divisions, with offices located throughout the United States of America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
Other applicants: 20+
20+ other people applied to this job.
Posted date: 14 days ago