Sorry, this job was closed 2 months ago. See all open Publisher Jobs in Washington, District Of Columbia
The Digital Selling Publisher’s chief responsibility is personal and group revenue and sales achievement for their vertical market(s) and those groupings of publications. This includes ancillary, custom products, or assigned events related to their respective publications or vertical groups. The Publisher is responsible for significant personal sales contribution via their own clients and/or territory; directs sales management functions for all salespeople assigned to them and/or their vertical. The Publisher is responsible for some level of editorial oversight, and collaboration on content and audience positioning. The Publisher maintains deep competitive familiarity and analysis, and determines optimal positioning in the marketplace.
We are in need of someone who can be leveraged across various business verticals, where there is a need. The position can be based out of NYC or DC and will work with groups, across all entities. Travel will be a necessity.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Continued individual sales/revenue contribution includes:
- Individual quota ownership along with their team members
- Monthly revenue quotas
- Tiered commissions paid as is standard, currently in the months following the booking, running, billing and recognition of revenue
- Will be the business face of the assigned vertical group within the industry and maintain a visible presence at tradeshows, conferences, panels, in front of key accounts, which they own or while supporting other reps.
- Product and competitive set positioning – shapes our vertical brand’s position in the market, how we differentiate from competition, win more desired readers and grow advertising share.
- Develop new products or packaging as needed to facilitate growth and market needs.
- Actively seek and develop external relationships and partnerships that will grow our market presence or readership including media partnerships or trade association work.
- Provide strategic input and participation to grow and improve the overall Questex Digital Business.
- Participate in senior planning sessions and projects.
- Actively follow B2B e-media market.
- Actively reinforce and align colleagues around Questex goals and Questex digital strategy.
- Sales team – full responsibility for revenue and sales success
- Pipeline management and forecasting of individual performance
- Significant tandem sales
- Sales Training
- Industry knowledge transfer
- Recruitment of new account executives and sales associates
- Continued evaluation of team members via regular and scheduled reviews and performance evaluations
- Editorial – Collaboration with editorial functions to ensure mastery of industry, and tight coordination on audience, content and advertising solutions.
- Account analysis: Mastery of sales team status with key accounts (Tier 1 and Tier 2) and individual Account Executive account plans/strategy twice per year
- Consistent completion of standardized (via provided template) weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting on revenue pacing, pipeline, vertical group priorities, key event presence and new initiatives
- Forecasting –at any time should have real-time as well as scheduled forecasts for future revenues by month, quarter and beyond. Supporting data includes:
- Pipeline analysis for current and future months’ expected revenue recognition
- SFDC metric reports
- Account analysis
- Sales pacing
- Market trends
- Account Executive performance
· 4-year bachelor’s degree
· 5-10 years of sales and media sales success and proven sales management experience
· Should have a deep understanding of the current digital media landscape, comfort with the latest sales techniques, CRMs, metrics-driven sales oversight, sales tech and adtech platforms.
· Someone with pharma background expertise would be a huge plus.
About Questex LLC:
Questex LLC is a leading global business events and information company serving corporate and government clients and industries that are driving economic growth and business innovation around the world.
The company drives business investment, innovation and demand-creation in the markets it serves by bringing together investors, buyers, sellers and professionals through its over 120 trade shows, conferences and other business events and informing them through related business media and information products. Questex’s industry-focused business units include Life Sciences & Healthcare, Hospitality & Travel, Beauty & Wellness, Technology & Telecom groups.
Questex is headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts. The company employs over 350 professional staff members operating in the United States and the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific regions. For more information, visit questex.com.
Posted date: 3 months ago
Browse Publisher jobs in Washington D.C.:
Partial Remote Senior Publisher Manager
Linkus Group in Washington, DC
Posted 6 days ago on Nexxt
Oracle Data Cloud/Moat-Manager, Publisher Integrations
Oracle in Washington, DC
Posted 1 month ago on the web
Digital Publishing Manager
Kaplan, Inc. in Washington, DC
Posted 22 days ago on StartWire