ExL Events, a Division of Questex, LLC, is looking for a Conference Coordinator to help plan our growing portfolio of events. The Conference Coordinator liaises with speakers and sponsors making sure materials are submitted on time and that all logistical requirements are met. Coordinators also assist with speaker accommodation requirements, as well as coordinate internally with colleagues. The ideal candidate will be highly efficient, enjoy communicating over the telephone as well as email and efficient with working against many deadlines. Coordinators manage multiple conferences each month, so the ability to multi-task is critical.
- Handle internal and external logistical program correspondence
- Send outreach email to speakers once program is finalized outlining deliverables needed and deadlines
- Send tailored sponsor guides to confirmed sponsor clients outlining deliverables needed and deadlines
- Update and communicate timelines to pertinent team members
- Provide status updates in bi-weekly team stakeholder meetings. Let producers know which speakers have been unresponsive and if any have left their role so they can be replaced. Let sales managers know which sponsors have been unresponsive
- Be able to set up email blasts
- Implement ‘Spread The Word’ and ‘Friends & Family’ campaigns to share discount codes to client networks
- Create and manage full attendee lists pulling from SalesForce, Cvent and direct from sponsor clients emailing in passes. Factor in GDPR compliance and create separate tabs to track attendees who do not wish to be contacted by anyone other that ExL
-Print copies of the list for sponsor clients onsite per contract specifications
- Communicate approved speaker guest room desired dates of stay to meeting planning. Send out confirmation info closer to event dates
- Create either printed documentation books or custom mobile apps to include agenda, speaker bios, sponsor logos and advertisements
- Create custom file sharing link and password per event to share approved PDF speaker presentations
- Create onsite slides that include housekeeping details, wifi login info, sponsor client logos, etc.…
- Pack and ship all materials and signage needed onsite
- Travel onsite to help run conference logistics
- Assist with prepping/ setting up/ breaking down materials, checking in attendees, providing updates on timings and guarantees to hotel staff, receiving speaker presentations and adding to session laptop/ file sharing link
- Reconciliation of the post event attendee list based on actual onsite attendance
- Create and send certificates of attendance as requested by attendees
- Negotiate pricing with supply vendors. Hold vendors accountable and negotiate discounts where appropriate
Compensation & Benefit options:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance options
- Office hours 9-5 w/flex-hour options
- Work from home program
- Dress down, excluding conferences and client meetings
- Supportive, team-oriented, progressive work environment
About Questex LLC:
Questex LLC is a leading global business events and information company serving corporate and government clients and industries that are driving economic growth and business innovation around the world.
The company drives business investment, innovation and demand-creation in the markets it serves by bringing together investors, buyers, sellers and professionals through its over 120 trade shows, conferences and other business events and informing them through related business media and information products. Questex’s industry-focused business units include Life Sciences & Healthcare, Hospitality & Travel, Beauty & Wellness, Technology & Telecom groups.
The company employs over 300 professional staff members operating in the United States and the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific regions. For more information, visit questex.com.