ExL Events, Inc. ("ExL") is hiring a Business Development Manager responsible for securing and managing conference sponsors and exhibitors.
As a Business Development Manager you will be responsible for managing and developing a conference portfolio and working all phases of the sales cycle, from prospecting to closing. Your overall mission is to secure sponsors and exhibitors and provide outstanding customer service to help forge strong relationships with your clients. B2B experience is a plus, a track record and comfort in a fast-paced and measurable environment is a must.
This is an ideal position for a person with 2-5 years B2B who is seeking a new opportunity to expand their skills and earning potential. If you are determined to succeed in sales, highly motivated with a passion for sales, providing outstanding customer service and working in a team environment this will be a great opportunity to succeed.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Outreach to prospective and existing clients to help generate conference sales
· Design and pitch conference sponsorship and exhibit benefits
· Maintain and grow strong relationships with existing clients
· Work collaboratively with other departments to increase sales opportunities
· Provide on-site support at conferences when appropriate
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
· 2-5 years of experience and achievement in a business or sales-driven environment
· Positive attitude, strong work ethic, outgoing personality, strong people skills
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· A strong sense of organization with strict attention to detail
· Strong academic achievement
· Proficiency with a variety of software packages, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Ability to listen, adapt, and think quickly on your feet
· Plenty of Internet savvy and experience
· A fierce, fun, collaborative attitude
Job Type: Full-time
· Base salary and generous commission structure commensurate with experience
· Sales: 2 years
· Bachelor's Degree
ExL Events (a division of Questex) develops engaging, content-driven conferences and partnered events for dynamic industry audiences, including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, diagnostic and contract research organizations; hospital networks; physicians; and communications and other entities. Behind our diverse event portfolio, our experienced team conducts extensive market research and targeted outreach. The results translate into innovative, high-quality events that facilitate the exchange of critical information between industry professionals and suppliers who support shared goals.
About Questex LLC:
Questex LLC is a leading global business events and information company serving corporate and government clients and industries that are driving economic growth and business innovation around the world.
The company drives business investment, innovation and demand-creation in the markets it serves by bringing together investors, buyers, sellers and professionals through its over 120 trade shows, conferences and other business events and informing them through related business media and information products. Questex’s industry-focused business units include Life Sciences & Healthcare, Hospitality & Travel, Beauty & Wellness, Technology & Telecom groups.
The company employs over 300 professional staff members operating in the United States and the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific regions. For more information, visit questex.com.