Questex, LLC, a B2B online media company based in Washington, D.C., has an immediate opening for an entry-level associate editor to work on its Telecom newsletters and websites, with a focus on FierceWireless.com. This position is based in Washington, D.C. but exceptional applicants may be considered for a telework position.
The ideal candidate is a sharp and eager journalist ready to deliver daily reporting and analysis for one of the company's leading news sites. They can operate in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, develop great sources in the wireless industry and regulatory agencies, and work with an experienced team of business journalists who pride themselves on providing incisive news and analysis for a large, demanding audience.
This person must have a commitment to editorial quality, a passion for social platforms and digital tools and the ability to establish a trusted relationship with our readers.
· Identify and write two-plus daily online news stories, as well as some long-form features and special reports closely watched in the industries we cover.
· Mine government databases, court documents, securities filings and other public sources for news and enterprise stories.
· Monitor social media and news sites for breaking stories, and post and interact on those platforms.
· Develop sources. Conduct 8+ media briefings per month with key players in the telecom industry.
· Work with editors on story angles, headlines, images and SEO.
· Attend key conferences and trade shows as the public face of FierceWireless; cover news from the show, take briefings, and moderate panels and events.
· Actively engage and build audiences using SEO tactics and social media best practices.
· Degree in Journalism, Communications, English or another writing-intensive major. Candidate must understand the online news industry and how to craft compelling news articles.
· Knowledge of the telecom industry preferred but not necessary.
· Strong writing skills and knowledge of AP style.
· Familiarity with a content management system. Basic understanding of SEO and photo editing software.
· Must be able to work independently to meet deadlines.
· Most importantly, a positive attitude, “Fierce” work ethic and desire to work on a winning team. Our goal is to maintain our position as the leading resource for our professional readers each day.
Come join our talented team of writers and editors who collectively have decades of journalism experience. This position reports directly to the Editor-in-Chief. Email your resume, cover letter and two published news writing clips to Molly Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Why Work for Questex?
FierceMarkets is a division of Questex. Questex strives for and values creativity, competence, integrity, friendliness, loyalty, diversity, high-energy output, a sense of humor, and the pursuit of excellence in our many workplaces. Those include our office locations, our field-based work with clients and our on-site work at trade shows, conferences and events around the world. We aim for our employees to be customer-focused, entrepreneurial, happy, vocal, and productive members of our organization. All employees are encouraged to act in the best interest of each other, our customers, and the company.
Questex produces industry-leading digital media, events, business information and content marketing solutions in the markets we serve. Diversification of our product lines, served markets and client base creates a wealth of career development opportunities for Questex team members and those seeking to join.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages and the opportunity to grow your career, work with great team members, alongside some of the world's greatest companies to apply your existing skills and learn new ones. We look forward to speaking with.
Members of Our Team Enjoy
· The prestige of working at a leading company in a growth industry
· Challenging work assignments and advancement opportunity
· Excellent benefits -- health, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, and more
· A culture of innovation and learning, with plenty of professional development opportunities
About Questex LLC:
Questex LLC is a leading global business events and information company serving corporate and government clients and industries that are driving economic growth and business innovation around the world.
The company drives business investment, innovation and demand-creation in the markets it serves by bringing together investors, buyers, sellers and professionals through its over 120 trade shows, conferences and other business events and informing them through related business media and information products. Questex’s industry-focused business units include Life Sciences & Healthcare, Hospitality & Travel, Beauty & Wellness, Technology & Telecom groups.
The company employs over 300 professional staff members operating in the United States and the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific regions. For more information, visit questex.com.