Sorry, this job was closed 2 months ago. See all open Associate Editor Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
Associate Editor - American Salon
Benefits OfferedLife, Vision, 401K, Dental, Medical
Looking for a West Coast Editor that requires quality writing, editing, organizational skills plus passions for beauty and social and digital media. Must have strong interpersonal skills, be a creative self-starter who will thrive in a fast-paced environment and ideally have experience writing for the fashion and/or beauty category.
- Research and identify news and product trends and develop story ideas based on constant field contact (on phone, by email and in person).
- Develop, write, coordinate and put into production and/or post approved and assigned magazine, website and social content.
- Maintain and monitor content across social and digital platforms, including blogs, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and other platforms, as assigned.
- Create and deploy daily e-newsletter in coordination with other staff members as assigned.
- Meet with beauty industry leaders, executives, educators, artists, salon professionals, advertisers and other related individuals and companies, as assigned.
- Attend industry-related trade shows, manufacturer events and press events, as assigned.
- Work with art director and/or freelance artists when necessary.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Creativity, energy and enthusiasm for the beauty business are a must.
Individual must have a high degree of interpersonal, writing, editing, interviewing and project management skills. Additionally, candidate must have working knowledge of Mac computers and be familiar with Microsoft Office, web and social media platforms.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree required, preferably in journalism or communications.
- First-rate published clips and a minimum of three years’ experience in writing, editing and publishing.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in social media and online content execution.
- Endless supply of story ideas for the beauty industry and related products and services.
Please submit salary requirements with cover letter, resume, and samples. SUBMISSIONS WITHOUT SALARY REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
About Questex LLC:
Questex LLC is a leading global business events and information company serving corporate and government clients and industries that are driving economic growth and business innovation around the world.
The company drives business investment, innovation and demand-creation in the markets it serves by bringing together investors, buyers, sellers and professionals through its over 120 trade shows, conferences and other business events and informing them through related business media and information products. Questex’s industry-focused business units include Life Sciences & Healthcare, Hospitality & Travel, Beauty & Wellness, Technology & Telecom groups.
Questex is headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts. The company employs over 350 professional staff members operating in the United States and the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific regions. For more information, visit questex.com.
Posted date: 3 months ago
Browse Associate Editor jobs in Los Angeles, California: