Sorry, this job was closed 1 month ago. See all open Associate Editor Jobs in Los Angeles, CA
Associate Editor - American Salon
Benefits OfferedVision, Life, Dental, 401K, Medical
Looking for a West Coast Editor that requires quality writing, editing, organizational skills plus passions for beauty and social and digital media. Must have strong interpersonal skills, be a creative self-starter who will thrive in a fast-paced environment and ideally have experience writing for the fashion and/or beauty category.
- Research and identify news and product trends and develop story ideas based on constant field contact (on phone, by email and in person).
- Develop, write, coordinate and put into production and/or post approved and assigned magazine, website and social content.
- Maintain and monitor content across social and digital platforms, including blogs, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and other platforms, as assigned.
- Create and deploy daily e-newsletter in coordination with other staff members as assigned.
- Meet with beauty industry leaders, executives, educators, artists, salon professionals, advertisers and other related individuals and companies, as assigned.
- Attend industry-related trade shows, manufacturer events and press events, as assigned.
- Work with art director and/or freelance artists when necessary.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Creativity, energy and enthusiasm for the beauty business are a must.
Individual must have a high degree of interpersonal, writing, editing, interviewing and project management skills. Additionally, candidate must have working knowledge of Mac computers and be familiar with Microsoft Office, web and social media platforms.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree required, preferably in journalism or communications.
- First-rate published clips and a minimum of three years’ experience in writing, editing and publishing.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in social media and online content execution.
- Endless supply of story ideas for the beauty industry and related products and services.
Please submit salary requirements with cover letter, resume, and samples. SUBMISSIONS WITHOUT SALARY REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
About Questex LLC:
Questex is a leading global business information company headquartered in Newton, MA. We drive business investment, innovation and demand creation in the markets we serve by bringing investors, buyers, sellers and professionals together through a wide range of business events; inform them through our business information and intelligence products and support marketers with a comprehensive platform of demand generation, lead-gen, branding, digital media, events and marketing products and services produced by our professional staff and delivered worldwide.
Questex serves the key economic sectors and industries that are driving economic growth, business investment and employment around the world. Within the Consumer Services & Retail sector, Questex serves the travel, hospitality, beauty, spa, fitness, restaurant, nightclub and bar home entertainment and retail industries. Our High Technology sector focus includes global telecommunications, sensors, M2M and mobile as well as enterprise I.T., software and services. Our Life Sciences & Healthcare sector covers every aspect of the pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device industries as well as healthcare technology and the healthcare provider, payer and regulatory markets. The company's properties include over 100 digital media products and over 50 conferences, tradeshows and events, as well as a range of business information and intelligence products. The company's businesses are managed by 400 professional staff through the Questex and FierceMarkets operating divisions, with offices located throughout the United States of America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
Posted date: 1 month ago
Browse Associate Editor jobs in Los Angeles, California: