The Server Specialist is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the internal systems as well as providing technical assistance to team members with system requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· IT Support relating to issues with the internal systems
· IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Microsoft, and VMware
· Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, O365, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
· Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware and Microsoft
· Support disaster recovery solutions
· Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services
· Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
· Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
· Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
· Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
· Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
· Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
· Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
· Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
· Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
· Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
· Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
· Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process
· Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by a Project Manager
· Enter all work as service or project tickets into ConnectWise
· Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
· Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCSA, or MCSE, or VMware VCP
· Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
· Diagnosis skills of technical issues
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
· Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
· Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
· Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
· Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Quartet Service Inc. provides IT infrastructure services to the Greater Toronto Area's business community. Services include remote and on-site support, network, telephony and server management and consulting. We have 45 employees, our median client has 54 employees and our largest client has almost 6,000 employees. Most of our services are retainer based, but we also have an active special projects and consulting division.
Quartet has invested over $13 million in IT infrastructure for our clients to use on a multi-tenant basis. This includes hosted telephone systems, hosted virtual servers, managed security devices and a private internet network. Clients avoid capital costs, enjoy greater performance and have more service flexibility. We leverage economies of skill and scale to provide excellent value and consistent service. Our mid-tier clients utilize our shared infrastructure services.
Quartet offers its employees a unique culture with the pillars being TEAMWORK, POSITIVITY, WORK ETHIC and INITIATIVE. Quartet provides performance management, career development planning, a great benefits package which includes an RSP plan, medical and dental insurance, Long Term and Short Term Disability and a maternity program. Quartet invests in their employees offering training and education funding.