An IT Support Specialist is required to provide dedicated support for one of Quartet's customer in Mississauga. This role is responsible for providing comprehensive technical support services as well as daily operations and maintenance of network and telecommunications equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide general ticket/problem resolution (including problem diagnosis, solution identification and resolution) on incidents escalated from the Service Desk and follow documented escalation processes
- Provide level 2 support to end-users in answering “how-to” questions on approved applications and hardware
- Proactively identify gaps in end-user understanding of systems and processes and recommend IT training.
- Maintain and administer local IT systems in line with corporate standards and keep up-to-date with corporate Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Access management using Active Directory groups
- Assist with deployment of IT infrastructure systems and application upgrades.
- Deploy standard PC image and execute checklists as they relate to new hires, office/position changes, affiliate transfers, employee status changes and terminations.
- Manage inventory levels of serialized and non-serialized IT equipment
- Mobile device administration, activation, configuration and support
- Manage daily (and weekly) data backups (and recovery as needed) and necessary backup software/hardware
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with end users: keep them informed of progress, notify them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Escalate service issues to level 3 support that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Maintain IT system and process technical documentation on shared drive and on IT Intranet for team use.
- Ensure services provided by external parties meet desired outcomes and service levels. Regularly reviews vendor deliverables and recommends continuous improvements to systems and processes.
- Provide knowledge transfer and mentoring to other team members when required.
- Some extended hours may be required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Computer Science or 3-5 years related experience
- 2-3 years related work experience in a large size organization.
- Minimum 12-18 months experience in a customer service support environment
- Strong understanding of an array of computer equipment, peripherals, mobile devices as well as standard software applications (MS Office, Windows Operating Systems, VPN client software (Cisco AnyConnect), Remote Desktop tools, Active Directory, Server Administration, Remedy, SCCM, and RSA Security Console)
- Problem solving skills - ability to perform root cause analysis and determine appropriate course of action
- Ability to interface with end users – customer service attitude
- Ability to follow set processes with a high-level attention to detail
- Time management skills - must be able to work independently and pace oneself to complete own work
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Detail oriented and demonstrates ability to quickly build working knowledge and understanding of related technologies
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment and respond quickly to shifting priorities
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
Preferred candidates will also have:
- Professional certifications (ITIL foundation / practitioner, HDI)
- Technical certifications (A+, MCP, MCSE, MCSA, etc.)
- Knowledge of software deployment scripting languages, such as SMS installer, WISE, PowerShell, etc.
- Previous experience interacting with international IT groups
- Previous experience in the Pharmaceutical industry
Please let us know if we can provide disability-related accommodations to support your participation in all aspects of our Recruitment Process.
About Quartet Service Inc.:
Quartet Service Inc. provides IT infrastructure services to the Greater Toronto Area's business community. Services include remote and on-site support, network, telephony and server management and consulting. We have 45 employees, our median client has 54 employees and our largest client has almost 6,000 employees. Most of our services are retainer based, but we also have an active special projects and consulting division.
Quartet has invested over $13 million in IT infrastructure for our clients to use on a multi-tenant basis. This includes hosted telephone systems, hosted virtual servers, managed security devices and a private internet network. Clients avoid capital costs, enjoy greater performance and have more service flexibility. We leverage economies of skill and scale to provide excellent value and consistent service. Our mid-tier clients utilize our shared infrastructure services.
Quartet offers its employees a unique culture with the pillars being TEAMWORK, POSITIVITY, WORK ETHIC and INITIATIVE. Quartet provides performance management, career development planning, a great benefits package which includes an RSP plan, medical and dental insurance, Long Term and Short Term Disability and a maternity program. Quartet invests in their employees offering training and education funding.