Sorry, this job was closed 5 years ago. See all open Heavy Equipment Mechanic Jobs in Edmonton, AB
Heavy Equipment Mechanic / Technician - Shop Manager (Northern Alberta
Our client is a young, dynamic, and growing trucking business in a small Northern Alberta community about 4 hours north of Edmonton. They are currently seeking a Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician /Shop Manager.
- Check 15+ trucks and other mechanical equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment
- Service attachments and working tools as needed
- May perform repair work on hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Work may include engine overhaul, power shift transmissions, fuel injection, hydraulics or electronics.
Terms: This is a permanent, full time job, which requires working days, evenings, nights, and weekends. Shift work is involved. Some overtime will be available.
Type of Equipment Repair: Diesel powered automobiles, Heavy trucks, Oilfield well servicing equipment
Diesel Engine Repair Specialization: Fuel injection systems, Exhaust systems, Cooling systems, Air conditioning systems, Lubrication systems, Engine control systems, Major internal engine repairs or overhaul, Installation and alignment of engines and machinery
Mechanical Repair Specialization: Mechanical transmissions, Drive trains and final drives, Hydraulic transmissions, Power take-offs, Tracked vehicle suspensions and steering, Vehicle brake systems, Wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering, Highway vehicle tires and wheels, Off-road vehicle tires and wheels, Differentials
Powered Equipment Repair Specialization: Cable-operated working attachments, Hydraulic-operated working attachments, Compressors, Pumps, Electric generatorsTo Fit the Role:
You will have interprovincial trade certification (Red Seal) as a Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic, Heavy Equipment Technician, Truck and Trailer Mechanic or Farm Equipment Mechanic. Ideally you will also have a Class 1 or 3 driving licence. In addition, you have leadership skills suited to planning and scheduling routine work and handling exceptions to the routine in stride.
In addition to a healthy base salary $84K+, we offer a bonus potential, housing assistance, company vehicle and the excellent opportunity to manage a shop the way that you want to serve the needs of the business.
Interested...? Apply today!!!
About Pursuit Placement Group Ltd.:
We are Canadian Recruitment Agency experts in developing that profile of your company and, more importantly, communicating that information to candidates in the language they are speaking. We attract people to your company, your culture and your vision.
Our goal is to become a specialist and an advocate in YOUR business. We also find the skills, experience, education and mindset you are looking for, too. That enables us to represent you in the best possible way.
Posted date: 5 years ago
Browse Heavy Equipment Mechanic jobs in Edmonton, AB, Canada:
Heavy Duty Mechanic - Certified with Experience
JV Driver in Edmonton, CAN
Posted 1 month ago on the web
3rd Year Apprentice Heavy Duty Mechanic
North American Construction Group in Acheson, AB
Posted 1 month ago on iCIMS
Heavy Equipment Field Technician (Construction) NEW!
Wajax Corporation in Edmonton, AB
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter