Our Client is a recognized leader in the manufacture, sales, and service of state-of-the-art monitor and control systems for fire alarm, security, sound, nurse call, integrated systems, portable extinguishers, and sprinklers systems.
We are currently looking for several Service Technicians at various levels to join our Fort McMurray District.
- Perform service activities on electrical fire alarm systems, access control and security systems.
- Identify and sell basic product enhancements to customers.
- Troubleshoot systems and perform necessary repairs.
- Service panels with up to 32 zones with minimal supervision.
- Lead projects and direct technician of a lower grade as needed.
- Responsible for meeting customer expectations while performing quality inspections.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems, programs, schematics and operational/product manuals.
- Supervise and inspect the installation of equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Evaluate and diagnose equipment that requires servicing as well as troubleshoot problems.
- Provide specific solutions and recommendations to customers on the most efficient and cost effective methods to return equipment to working order.
- 3 or more years of experience as Service Technician within the Fire Protection or related industry.
- Completion of a Canadian Fire Alarm Association (CFAA) certification or equivalent provincial certification.
- Knowledgeable of provincial building & fire codes for inspection proposes.
- Demonstrated ability to train less knowledgeable technicians or customers.
- Demonstrated high level of customer service.
- Ability to follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and routine details.
- Ability to present information through the spoken or written word, read and read and interpret complex information.
- Ability to lift equipment and tools up to 40lbs and climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Possess a valid motor vehicle license (Class G).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us a copy of your resume in a Word Document.
Rewards: We offer an excellent compensation and benefits program. Remuneration includes Medical and Dental coverage, RRSP, Employee Stock Purchase, Referral Bonuses, Education Reimbursement, and more.