Sorry, this job was closed 2 months ago. See all open Staff Accountant Jobs in Austin, TX
Staff Accountant ~ Working with High-Growth Start-ups
Benefits OfferedVision, Life, Dental, 401K, Medical
Are you an Accountant looking for a position where you can gain more experience in several areas of accounting - taking your career to the next step? Do you want to work in a fast-paced environment that offers you a variety of challenges to enhance your skills?
If so, come join us at Propeller Industries. Getting in on this opportunity will position your career for immediate growth and expose you to the next level of financial accounting.
This is a hands-on accounting position. We are looking for someone who derives great satisfaction in handling accounting transactions across several clients. The staff accountant must be able to prioritize and multi-task as he/she will be involved with each area of the accounting cycle for a variety of businesses. There will be some client interaction (verbal and written) as well as problem-solving, and administrative work.
- Process AP, AR, GL, inventory, and payroll transactions
- Prepare sales and use tax returns, business property tax, business licenses and 1099s
- Reconcile bank, cash and credit card accounts
- Prepare reconciliation schedules for balance sheet accounts such as: prepaid expenses, fixed assets, and accrued liabilities
- Prepare financial statements (Balance Sheet, P&L, and Cash Flow)
- Assist with financial/accounting and governmental audits
- Manage client expense reporting process
- Maintain consistent accounting policies and procedures across clients
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- Minimum of 3 years accounting experience required
- Solid working knowledge of Excel and QuickBooks
- Experience in, or passion for, working in an early–stage company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, IQ, and EQ
- Enjoys multi-tasking, organization and prioritization
- Resourcefulness and ability to work independently
Your eye for seeing the big picture will be essential in providing your input on improving the overall workflow and business process of the accounting function. Your superior attention to detail, strong organizational skills and flexibility in a high energy environment will go a long way to helping you be successful in our rapidly growing company.
About Propeller Industries:
Propeller Industries provides outsourced finance and accounting for an elite portfolio of early-stage growth companies. We offer a broad scope of services ranging from CFO-level strategic planning to day-to-day transaction processing through our team of CFOs and accountants. The firm has offices in SF, Santa Monica, NY, Austin, TX and Sun Valley, ID and currently serves 200+ clients across a range of industries including ecommerce, technology, food & beverage, manufacturing, business services and healthcare.
Posted date: 3 months ago
Browse Staff Accountant jobs in Austin, Texas: