Position: Scrum MasterLocation: Omaha, NEPOSITION DESCRIPTION
The Scrum Master will lead and assist cross-functional software development teams responsible for project delivery and bringing features to market. This role will facilitate the product team through the agile development process of release planning, sprint planning, daily standup meetings and retrospectives. The Scrum Master is also responsible for removing any impediments to help the delivery teams meet their sprint commitments. This position will help inexperienced teams transition to the Scrum Methodology.QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS
- Help drive best practice use of the agile methodology as a core to the development life cycle.
- Organize and facilitate planning meetings, daily stand-up meetings, sprint and release planning and other Agile development related activities.
- Track and communicate team velocity and burn-down and sprint/release progress.
- Deflect team distractions and remove execution impediments
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility
- Assist product teams with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition.
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools and best practices
- May perform other duties as required.
- Certified scrum master
- Three years of experience in Agile Methodologies with a minimum of one year in the Scrum Master role
- Effective leadership and collaboration skills to successfully transition teams to agile while working on complex projects
- Achieving results through others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, and/or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with teams that work on both new develop and maintenance functions.
About ProKarma, Inc.:
ProKarma is a privately held, global leader in delivering integrated IT solutions. Our global workforce partners with a diverse client portfolio spanning across vertical markets and geographies.
Ranked as the fastest growing IT services company in the U.S. by Inc. Magazine and selected as a Global Services 100 Provider, our proven success have enabled us to work with some of today's most influential companies while cultivating an environment in which our employees and consultants can continue to learn, grow and pave their own path both personally and professionally.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at ProKarma are based exclusively on merit. ProKarma does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Compensation depending on experience.