Monmouth NJ vicinityThese are the key elements for the targeted candidate:
- Experience working with suppliers and manufactures in CHINA
- Experience working with Big Box retailers i.e. Wal-Mart, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, etc.
- Strong background in purchasing/logistics/imports
- Strong negotiation skills
- Pays attention to details and follows up
Responsible for purchasing, inventory and delivery at the best prices from reliable suppliers to meet the needs of our customers. Buy and maintain balanced inventories based upon analysis of sensitized demand forecasts to determine demand Plan on an ongoing basis. Review purchase requisition to assure proper coding, specification accuracy and completeness of information to initiate purchase order. Contact suppliers to negotiate program, yearly and master orders and prices with delivery as requested. Follow up and expedite all past due and critically required items. Review daily and weekly order and forecast reports and align or reschedule orders to coordinate demand. Encourage and submit new ideas on cost savings. Develop supplier capabilities as to quality and capacity to insure on time production and deliveries. Develop supplier service metrics and KPI along with factory / agent scorecards to maintain highest level of service. Advise and inform management of all price increases and lead time changes and delays.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with internal personnel such as sales, sales reps, product managers, brand management, to collaborate and sensitize weekly forecast and determine demand plan
- Utilize available sources of customer data available for forecasting and supply chain management to effectively mine and summarize data for interpretation.
- Understand how sales trends, promotional activity and shipment patterns will affect demand and suggest appropriate adjustments to forecasts.
- Providing supporting data required to translate rolling forecast into financial models.
- Cost Negotiation and cost comparisons
- Maintain Price Lists
- Purchase Price Variance Report
- Support model creation for annual volume budget process as needed.
- Provides system and process training to other key members in organization.
- Hands on management of purchasing process
- Manage local and China Office re: Order issuance and placement and daily follow up on PO Milestones from Production to samples to shipment to deliveries
- Insures that all Product, QC and Customer Specifications are up to date and incorporated into the purchase orders
- Interacts with external suply cahin resources re: Bookings and PO Milestones
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Statistics, Accounting, Mathematics or similar analytical degree.
- 4 - 6 years of experience performing sales, forecasting or marketing analysis in the consumer products industry.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong deductive reasoning, statistical analysis, mathematical and communication skills.
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Powerpoint) including ability to utilize pivot tables, V-lookups, filters, and summarize data graphically.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision under tight deadlines.
- Ability to interact comfortably at all levels of the organization.
- Comfortable learning and working with a variety of technology tools (Retail Link, Partners-on-Line, etc.).
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions.
- Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% - 100% of the workday).