401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Bead Electronics manufactures custom metal interconnect components for high-tech automotive, datacom, connector, medical and aerospace applications.
We have an immediate opening for a technical inside sales person at our Milford, CT facility. The position includes customer service, quoting, lead development and order entry responsibilities. This position will interface with engineering, production, quality and accounting personnel to service and support existing customers and help identify and qualify new opportunities.
This role requires a highly motivated, conscientious individual with a technical background, manufacturing experience, ERP proficiency and excellent problem solving and communications skills.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide timely customer service and support. Act as the primary point-of-contact for customer inquiries regarding orders, pricing, schedules, expedites, forecasts, shipments, returns, escalations, samples and documentation.
- Help generate and follow-up on quotes for new and existing products.
- Provide timely initial response to web generated inquiries, technical product questions, drill down into existing accounts for additional business, and log opportunities into our CRM.
- Review and enter customer purchase orders, maintain accurate customer data and log customer communications in our ERP system.
- Continuously develop product, process and industry knowledge to better support our customers’ inquiries and new requirements.
- Participate in cross functional teams on special projects for professional growth and development.
- 2 – 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment (engineering, operations or sales role). Experience with metal forming, component fabrication or assembly preferred.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems and business processes and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite required. Crystal Reports or Business Intelligence experience a plus.
- Sense of urgency with ability to meet deadlines daily, while being highly accountable to internal and external commitments.
- Experience reading engineering prints and specifications. Familiarity with CAD programs a plus.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, including excellent grammar and spelling, required.
- Bachelors degree or associates with appropriate experience required.