Maintenance and Process Engineering Manager
Reporting to the Plant Manager, and as a key member of the site leadership team, the Site Maintenance & Process Engineering Manager is responsible for maintaining and improving performance of the capital assets involved in blending, filling, and packaging and shipment activities of the Torrance Plant. Drives continuous improvement and new process implementations in the site. Initiate, monitors, supports and improves all aspects of Key Metrics: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity, Cost, and Continuous Improvement. Leads environmental compliance and reporting for the site.Engineering Responsibilities
Attributes and Skills & Qualifications:
- Environmental compliance and reporting for the site
- Achieve cost reduction targets, reduce waste, improve quality, identify and resolve ergonomic issues;
- Improve manufacturing procedures or equipment to improve costs, efficiency, quality and safety
- Investigating and analyzing manufacturing opportunities.
- Ensure manufacturing methods and standards are maintained and documented.
- Site capital project planning and execution.
- Develop and implement process controls for critical production and tank farm equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3- 5 years of experience in packaging, or blow-molding, or plastic manufacturing, or maintenance, or capital equipment management and installation.
- Experience in electromechanical trouble shooting and repair,
- Strong working knowledge of QS9000, ISO 14001.
- Strong working knowledge of six sigma tools and problem solving methodology
- Demonstrated customer focus and team player
- Fosters teamwork and diversity, experienced with supervision of 5-10 people working on repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Commitment to achieve key performance metrics and drive for continuous improvement