A major supplier of unique high strength, low alloy steel parts in automotive industry is partnering with Practical QC Solutions to find a Quality Engineer for their operation South East of Nashville, TN. General Job Description
Support customer quality requirements, engineering specifications and monitoring operational processes. Develop and install quality control methods, practices and procedures. Recommends and leads quality control and manufacturing initiatives.Roles & Responsibilities
- Creation and distribution of management system documentation and SOP.
- Ensure compliance with TS 16949, customer specific requirements and standards.
- Product validation and support of PPAPs, PFMEAs, Audits, SPC, and other quality matters.
- Visit Supplier/Customer locations as necessary, including part sorts and site audits.
- Resolve quality concerns and complaints via standard problem solving methods.
- Monitor customer satisfaction and assists customers with quality concerns
- Maintain control plans, control cards and other process documentation.
- Review & Address customer returned products and complaints.
- Inform management of problem status and resolution progress.
- Liaison to suppliers on quality-related issues and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4 plus years’ manufacturing or QC experience
- Metals experience preferred (stamping, welding, bending, mechanisms)
- Excellent problem solving skills (ex: 8D, 5 Why, Kempner-Trego, etc.)
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibits great interpersonal skills
- Displays good follow through and attention to detail
- Excels in managing and prioritizing multiple assignments
- Ability and flexibility to travel to suppliers, domestic and international
- Customer Experience a plus (General Motors, Nissan, Toyota, and Volkswagen)
- Bilingual a plus (Fluent in English & Japanese or Spanish or German)
: Direct Hire, PermanentScope
: Full-Time, Long Term Salary
: BOE Benefits
: Health Care, 401k, Relocation Coverage