Who We Are
What's in It for You
- Our company, PR Hound, is an online PR matchmaking service that connects Canadian small business owners to local bloggers, journalists and producers.
- PR Hound was created to help small business owners promote themselves and realize their entrepreneurial dreams.
- While getting media attention helps, there's still a problem: many of our clients have a hard time communicating what their business does in writing and crafting media pitches that generate attention - that's where you fit in.
What You'll Be Doing
- Grow your portfolio (and get paid)
- Make a real impact for business owners in Toronto
- Flexibility. We assume that you have other work on your plate, which is why you and your client will determine when work will be delivered. (Clients are told that requests will only be seen between 8am and 6pm EST).
- Learn how to deal with multiple clients and better understand what will sell and what won't sell.
- Receive and use feedback to grow and improve as a copywriter
- Once your profile has been created on the PR Hound website, you will indicate your availabilities for the week to the PR Hound administrator.
- Clients will book a free 15-minute consultation with you
- Prior to the consultation, you will receive an email from the client indicating their needs and questions.
- Projects range from content creation (website, blog), press releases, email pitches and sales copy.
- Clients will then pay for 1,3 or 5-hour project packages.
- You will communicate with the client through skype or email and track your time with the app TopTracker.
- Clients are obligated to write a review and give you permission to add the work to your portfolio with proprietary or confidential information removed.
- Your hourly rate will increase based on your reviews, which you can use as testimonials outside of PR Hound.
- We pay you electronically after the completion of a project. (We make money on administrative fees, which don't affect your hourly rate).
- We cannot guarantee how many clients will approach you.
What You Need to Get the Job
- University degree/College diploma or certificate in Communications, Marketing or Journalism (in-process or completed)
- Exceptionally strong English writing abilities
- Creative thinker and self-starter who continuously seek ways to improve content
- Dedication to meet project deadlines on time, every time
- Strong research skills to ensure submitted work is correct and accurate
- Responsive to client needs
- Great organization skills
- Honesty about your abilities and deadlines
- Having a blog is an asset
- Experience with providing support on PR related initiatives is an asset
If you are interested in this job, please reply with your resume and two samples of your work.We only have space for 6 copywriters, so our application process will close once we achieve that number.
2 months ago