Poway Weapons & Gear www.weaponsandgearrange.com is seeking a Social Media Coordinator to take our company message and spread it through the power of social media. Poway Weapons & Gear (PWG) is the 3rd largest indoor gun range in the country within an $8 Million, 42,000 sq. foot facility, housing a retail store over 3,500 sq. feet and 42 shooting lanes. PWG teaches over 3,000 students a year how to be safe with firearms and how to protect themselves and their families. PWG hosts and supports over 1,000 law enforcement professionals a year with their training and qualification efforts. PWG also serves over 150,000 people visiting our retail store and over 40,000 enthusiasts shooting on our ranges.
The Social Media Coordinator position is not only critical to the growth of our operations and our continual connection to our customers, it is critical to our 2,000+ members as well as our customer base in keeping up with the ever-changing gun laws in California that can make a law-abiding citizen a felon overnight. The Social Media Coordinator will have overall responsibility for working on a variety of projects primarily involved in the design, development, and management of social media, web design management, graphic design, blog strategies and plans as it relates to representing the PWG brand.
Firearms industry experience is not required. I healthy interest is helpful but more importantly is the ability for the right candidate to use social media to drive marketing and information to the public.
· Provides strong representation of the PWG brand, through excellent communication and strategic thinking in order to improve social media goals.
· Creates a long-term social media and communications plan as well as coordinate all online activities.
· Crafts, manages and grows Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo and other social media presences.
· Continually evaluates additional platforms and tools that support PWG business strategies and corporate goals.
· Creates and edits video content for the web site and social media platforms.
· Monitors social media trends, groups, applications and make recommendations when needed.
· Develops social media strategies and responds to scenarios.
· Creates and maintains social media editorial calendar to coincide with marketing team calendar.
· Reports insights gained from social media monitoring to internal stakeholders.
· Conducts usability studies and analyzes usage data.
· Must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
· Maintains constant communication with colleagues and executive management regarding recommendations or revisions based on expertise and experiences.
· Creates and manages content for the organization’s blog.
· Proactively offers suggestions for the improvement of a product, process or practice.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Minimum of three years’ experience utilizing social media concepts and practices including live chat.
· Solid understanding of social media channels, social media advertising and marketing strategies.
· Understanding of websites and their functionality; CMS platforms, e-marketing, SEO, HTML.
· Ability to provide input on mobile video delivery, email template layout, and YouTube/iTunes libraries.
· High degree of computer literacy in all Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and knowledge of Adobe creative cloud and WordPress.
· Technical and creative writing skills.
· Copy-writing experience including editorial and email.
· Able to work as a team in regards to collaboration with ability to be flexible.
· Excellent relationship building skills, both internally and externally.
· Excellent customer service attitude.
· Ability to work in a mobile manner and afterhours as the digital communications are required.
· Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with other company personnel, including being sensitive to professional ethics, gender cultural diversities and disabilities.
· Ability to plan and lay out assigned work projects and work with minimum direct supervision.
· Ability to work on several tasks at the same time and complete assignments effectively amidst frequent distractions and interruptions.
Please submit salary requirements and history along with resume – salary is commensurate with experience. Paid Vacations, Holidays, Bonuses, Healthcare.
The Poway Weapons & Gear range is the 3rd largest indoor gun range in the country with two classrooms, 42 lanes and a retail pro shop consisting of over 3,400 square feet and upwards of $1 Million in inventory. A premiere facility leading the way for an entire industry.
Posted 18 days ago