Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open After School Program Teacher Jobs in Port Chester, NY
After School Program Teacher
Position Title: Lead Teacher
Department: Children’s Programs
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Classification: Part Time Monday to Friday 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Reporting Relationships: Reports directly to Children’s Program Manager
The Lead Teacher oversees the assigned classroom, including the Classroom Support Teacher and volunteers/interns. The Classroom Lead Teacher will act as lead in instruction/direction of all activities including three primary components: Academics, Enrichment and Recreation as outlined by the Principal.
Agency Wide Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the mission, program philosophy and values of Port Chester Carver Center.
- Support and facilitate positive interaction with others by exhibiting individual maturity, respect for others, a team-centered approach, maintenance of confidential information, and an appreciation of a multicultural workplace.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as defined by the Carver Employee Handbook, Child Care Council of Westchester and all other governing agencies.
Position Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
- Ensure the health, safety and well being of children in the program by providing close supervision of all activities.
· Assist children with homework and guide students in their academic growth.
- Develop and maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships with children, parents, volunteers, interns and co-workers.
- Plan and create innovative age appropriate activities and develop lesson plans and conduct them on a daily basis (i.e. read, tell stories, lead songs and games).
- Provide support to any specialist/volunteer(s) in implementing activities.
- Prepare the learning environment by creating a welcoming space that exhibits student work.
- Respond promptly and courteously to parent concerns and/or complaints. Immediately notify Children’s Program Manager or designee as necessary.
- Communicate with parents/guardians regarding student progress and performance.
- Develop program to improve literacy competencies, values and physical fitness in an activity/project based after school environment.
- Respond promptly and courteously to Carver staff questions, requests or concerns.
- Represent Carver Center at events, meetings and/or other public gatherings as assigned.
- Meet monthly with the Children’s Program Manager to coordinate program design, discuss evaluation processes and outreach efforts, and address any other issues.
- Work closely with Responsive Classroom Manager, as to ensure that responsive classroom techniques followed.
- Assist in the development of new programs opportunities.
- Attend training and meetings as assigned.
- Coach, supervise, and provide professional development of Classroom Assistant volunteers/interns as needed.
- Assure classrooms and other shared Carver spaces are well maintained and left clean.
- Develop and maintain a schedule of academic, recreational and enrichment activities.
- Assure accurate distribution of snacks/dinner.
- Maintain and submit all required documentation on a timely basis, including attendance, snack counts, emergency cards, incident reports, permission forms, behavior sheets, and surveys, etc. as directed.
· Attend the minimum required 30 hours of staff training during the school year and possible evening/Saturday(s) trainings.
· Update Children’s Program Manager on the status of all issues as they arise.
· Perform other duties as assigned by Children’s Program Manager.
- Bachelors’ degree in Child Development or related field and 5 years experience in management of after school/summer programming or/and educational institution.
- Experience working in an educational institution and/or after school/summer program setting.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse children, staff, parents, and community members.
- Able to implement and supervise a positive learning environment, incorporating academics, enrichment and recreation.
- Proficiency in full suite of Microsoft Office applications.
- Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred.
- CPR Certified.
- Fingerprint, criminal background, SCR and TB test clearance.
About Port Chester Carver Center:
Non-for-profit community based organization
Posted 4 years ago
Browse After School Program Teacher jobs in Port Chester, New York:
Director Needed for After school program and summer camp
Jumpstart Advanced Academic and Recreation corp. in Yonkers, NY
Posted 4 days ago on ZipRecruiter
After School Program Director
THE GODDARD SCHOOL - YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, NY in Yorktown Heights, NY
Posted 27 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Teacher's Aide, Early Childhood
Acacia Network in New York, NY
Posted 23 days ago on ZipRecruiter