Small Consulting firm in Lanham Maryland is seeking an enthusiastic individual to work part-time as a marketing manager. This position will directly report to the CEO. Federal contracting experience is a plus.
The ideal candidate Markets and sells services by developing and implementing marketing a marketing strategy aimed at introducing the company's services to various market segments.Duties:
- Conduct market research using online tools to understand the trends and opportunities within the market
- Arrange and attend meetings with potential clients
- Attend trade shows, small business outreach and other events that will as required
- Supports sales staff by providing sales data, market trends, forecasts, account analyses, new product information; relaying customer services requests.
- Researches competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising; maintaining research databases.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Using contacts, events and online tools, generate viable leads.
- Direct Marketing, Market Segmentation, Marketing Research, Coordination, Project Management, Reporting Research Results, Understanding the Customer, Process Improvement, Initiative, Planning, Financial Skills
- College Degree preferred
- Knowledge of state and federal procurement practices a plus
- Knowledge of proposal writing a plus
- Excellent presentation and communication skills