Join the Revolution. Work with a company that’s changing the world. Platinum Innovation Group owns and operates a strong set of businesses powered by innovation and change. We are disruptive by design. We love solving the world’s toughest business challenges. It’s in our DNA to change the world and improve lives through our portfolio of companies.
There’s no shame in being ambitious at PlatinumIG; career growth is a priority for us – we help one another climb, we don’t climb over one another. A team-driven environment and high levels of integrity serve as incubators for brilliant minds.
Intrigued? Perfect. If you’re ready to be part of a company that’s exploding with growth, debt free, and lives to change the world, let’s see where you can put your talents to work.
Do you have what it takes to design intuitive interfaces that will be utilized by millions of users every month? Do you live to develop site maps, wireframes and storyboards with a sharp understanding of prototypical specs and user interactivity principles? Do you love challenging conventional wisdom and making a difference in the world? Then imagine what you can do working with a group of the brightest minds in our get-sh*t-done culture.
Ready to be inspired everyday? Great, because we’re looking for a rock star User Interface Designer!
Our Sr. User Interface Designer will work on a variety of projects including but not limited to interface design on social networking platforms, online communities, web-based software, highly engaging, interactive websites, and interactive kiosks.
A job at PlatinumIG is one that requires a lot out of you, but it’s also one that rewards bright, original thinking and hard work. None of us here would have it any other way. So let’s make a difference – together.
- Possess a thorough understanding of interaction design principles and best practices, with a strong understanding of how visual and interaction design work together to create a user experience.
- Apply user-centered design process to efficiently create high-quality user experiences.
- Translate ideas into functional reality.
- Suggest design improvements based on usability research findings.
- Communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale.
- A solid focus on design for web, clearly understanding functional and programming limitations.
- Improve and refine visual design and consistency.
- Maintain and follow web standards to deliver web safe type and interactive elements like buttons, mouseovers etc.
- Strong attention to detail, clearly communicating to development team about intended interactivity.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under time constraints.
- 3+ years of experience as a user experience team member, participating in the complete development lifecycles to the launch of successful websites.
- Experience working with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. and know how to correctly structure and layer your content.
- Ability to work in a team-focused environment is absolutely key, along with being able to work under time-sensitive deadlines and be able to deliver from concept to launch.
- Send us your portfolio and show us what you’ve got!
Why Join Us?
- We're fun! Besides ping pong, air hockey, free soda, XBOX tournaments and more, we've got a real culture that everyone contributes to.
- We have the coolest, most creative office space in Detroit. Our office has thrones, fantasy themed meeting rooms, tables made out of Legos and more.
- We're good, and always improving. We figure out what we're doing wrong, so we can fix it, and what we're doing right, so we can make it even better. Working here means you get better at what you already do well, every day.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary plus bonuses!
- Health insurance, dental, 401K and many other employee benefits!
- Come as you are work environment (it's ridiculously fun)!
- A U.S. WORK VISA AND PAID HOUSING MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE.
Detroit, Michigan - in the heart of Greektown!