Sorry, this job was closed 2 years ago. See all open Director of eCommerce Jobs in Detroit, MI
Director of Ecommerce
Join the Revolution. Work with a company that’s changing the world. Platinum Innovation Group owns and operates a strong set of businesses powered by innovation and change. We are disruptive by design. We love solving the world’s toughest business challenges. It’s in our DNA to change the world and improve lives through our portfolio of companies.
There’s no shame in being ambitious at Platinum Innovation Group; career growth is a priority for us – we help one another climb, we don’t climb over one another. A team-driven environment and high levels of integrity serve as incubators for brilliant minds.
Intrigued? Perfect. We’re hiring like crazy right now, and looking for driven, forward-thinking problem solvers to join our team.
Do you have what it takes to lead a portfolio of thriving ecommerce businesses? Are you a business and analytical-minded leader that lives and breaths ecommerce? Do you love challenging conventional wisdom and making a difference in the world? Then imagine what you can do working with a group of the brightest minds in our get-sh*t-done culture.
Ready to be inspired everyday? Great, because we’re looking for a rock star Director of eCommerce!
As the Director of eCommerce, you will be responsible for ensuring the overall success of our ecommerce business units. Applicants must exhibit top-notch ecommerce business, analytical, and leadership abilities. A job at PlatinumIG is one that requires a lot out of you, but it’s also one that rewards bright, original thinking and hard work. None of us here would have it any other way. So let’s make a difference – together.
Plan & Execute Overall eCommerce Strategy:
- Serve as a key leader for all ecommerce efforts within the organization.
- Work with upper management to understand and define business requirements and goals.
- Develop short and long term objectives, customer metrics, and overall performance for our rapidly growing ecommerce properties.
- Responsible for ecommerce P&L.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase website traffic, conversion rates, average order size, customer profitability & retention and reduce shopping cart abandonment rates.
- Own and manage the customer experience including design, content, information architecture, branding/marketing, site performance, functionality and usability.
- Collaborate with the creative team to make data-driven and customer-focused user experience enhancements.
- Work with our Customer Support Manager to ensure a positive overall customer experience and identify areas of improvement.
- Work with internal and external resources and project managers to meet scheduled timelines for all eCommerce deliverables.
- Continually clarify roles and reporting structure so that strategy and job functions remain aligned.
Plan & Execute Marketing Strategy:
- Responsible for digital marketing budget, spend, and related ROI.
- Accountable for management and goal setting of interactive, paid search, natural search, display, email, mobile, and affiliates.
- Perform in-depth analysis of channel conversion, selling and ROI to make recommendations and implement strategies for improvement.
- Leverages the use of marketing analytics to provide insights and make recommendations to reach the consumer in new ways and to improve marketing ROI.
- Actively partners and collaborates with Marketing team to ensure the concepts and branding effectively translate to the website.
Plan & Execute Product Development Roadmap:
- Serve as an expert in eCommerce merchandising; managing the overall merchandising strategy across our ecommerce brands.
- Leverage market research, customer surveys, and web analytics to understand customer needs, identify new opportunities, and define a product roadmap.
- Continually develop the product offering and pricing strategy within the brand context.
- 5+ years managing $1-10+ million ecommerce brands
- Experience with web analytic tools
- Ability to analyze search data and metrics and make decisions
- Knowledge of online marketing, SEO, SEM & PPC
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Deep understanding of the digital environment and evolving tools and platforms used to improve online presence. Able to translate trends into brand right business opportunities.
- Strong leadership, analytical, strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary plus bonuses
- Many perks including vacation giveaways, paid holidays, laptop, iPhone, and much more
- Extensive benefits package including health insurance, dental, 401K, and many other employee benefits
- Come as you are work environment (it's ridiculously fun)
Detroit, MI – in the heart of Greektown!
About Platinum Innovation Group:
Join the Revolution. Work with a company that is changing the world.
Our global companies and breakthrough innovations are in the areas of telemedicine, health and beauty, the funeral profession, movie studios, real estate, genealogy, and more!
Top talent across the world join PlatinumIG for our "change the world" mentality; the opportunity to excel in a performance-driven, fast-paced, and competitive atmosphere; the chance to be surrounded by peers and leaders that inspire, motivate, and innovate; and a philosophy that weaves community involvement into its fabric.
If you are interested in joining a profitable, growing, and dynamic company, we want to hear from you!
Platinum Innovation Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.
Posted 2 years ago
Browse Director of eCommerce jobs in Detroit, Michigan: