Planet Payment, Inc., a leading international payment and data processor, provides internationally focused banks and their merchants with innovative solutions that enable them to accept, process and reconcile payments, anytime, anywhere and in any currency.
Headquartered in New York, our global commercial centers include Atlanta, Beijing, Bermuda, Delaware, Dubai, Hong Kong, Honolulu, Ireland, London, Shanghai, Singapore and Toronto.
We have an immediate need for an Oracle Database Engineer in our New Castle, DE office.
This position is responsible for the support and maintenance of all Oracle database environments. The primary focus of this position is to ensure that systems are operational. Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company’s database environments. Implements data models and database designs and data access controls; resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues, replication, and other distributed data issues.
· Responsible for Oracle database administration including database system architecture, configuration, database creation, security (including encryption, hashing, and obscuring techniques), performance tuning and monitoring, backup and recoveries (RMAN), database replication, standby databases and failover strategies, data partitioning and development of automated monitoring and maintenance scripts.
· Responsible for maintaining, supporting and troubleshooting any Oracle Standby or Replicated environments using Data Guard, Advanced Replication or similar solutions used to protect the enterprise data from failures, disasters, errors and corruptions.
· Detects, diagnoses, reports and resolves problems (system errors, performance issues) on servers due to server hardware, operating system, and application software.
· Writes / Modifies PL/SQL code to load, migrate, summarize, and analyze data in support of application developers and other Business Objectives.
· Consult with developers to optimize query performance and provide best practice methodologies.
· Design physical and logical data models using ERWIN or similar tool.
· Install and configure software for development, test and production servers.
· Implement essential database patches and fixes within specific SLA windows.
· Implements policies (Configuration Standards) and procedures for the database environment.
· Will also participate in partitioning of large data sets, scalability planning and strategies, developing of automated monitoring scripts using PERL and/or UNIX Shell Scripts and performance tuning using OEM, Statspack, tkprof, system tables, etc.
· Prepare and review implementation plans for all major code pushes in regard to production systems.
· Documents all changes, upgrades, maintenance, procedures, etc. using the company document infrastructure.
· Analyzes products and recommends use of new products and services to senior management.
· Participate in an on-call rotation that provides 24x7x365 support of critical systems.
· Manage Oracle E-Business Suite Financials database
· Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years Oracle DBA experience in an enterprise environment.
- Strong SQL background and demonstrable ability to optimize complex SQL queries
- Oracle 9i / 10g, SQL / PLSQL.
- Oracle RMAN.
- Experience with UNIX or Linux.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work well as a team member.
- Experience in card processing industry and understanding of financial systems
- Ability to handle frequent change and remain composed in stressful situations
- Experience with Oracle E-Business Financials
- Experience with Oracle High Availability solutions
- Oracle 11g
- SQL and PL/SQL tuning
- Knowledge of MySQL, SQL Server and TSQL query language
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering, or Equivalent.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires on call 24 x 7 for production issues.
Please send your resume today WITH salary requirements for immediate attention. Planet Payment is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity.