Life, Vision, 401K, Medical, Dental
Why Work Here?
“Our People Are Our Power!”
Will you be 1 of 4 Project Management Trainees within our organization? Is your goal to become a Project Manager? Join us in 2018 for our Project Management Trainee (PMT) Rotational Program!
Headquartered in New Berlin, WI, Pieper Electric Inc. is offering a new, unique trainee program to recent college grads, allowing them to experience development opportunities to fast track their career growth to become a Project Manager. Over the first year, the Management Trainee will develop managerial competencies through a series of work related rotational assignments gaining practical, hands-on experience in an office setting with field exposure through working on jobsites and managing material, manpower, and profits. As a Management Trainee, you'll have the ability to choose 4 of our 18 service areas and 9 office locations to experience different specialties to determine your interest and strengths within our organization while building a network of peers for camaraderie and collaboration as well as working side by side with experienced PMs to manage projects from estimate to close out.
- Pre-plan and identify the methods to eliminate hazards daily by work task on job sites and in the office
- manage billing and collections to ensure positive company cash flow under the direction of experienced Project Managers
- Facilitate constant process improvements in the area of production and efficiency in our field labor.
- Under the direction of Project Managers, establish what is to be done one a week to week basis, when, and by whom. Analyze and forecast factors that affect efficiency and results. Develop appropriate programs, strategies, schedules, and supervision.
- Share manpower, resources, and tools with all projects, departments, and branches as needed.
- Satisfy our customers to provide repeat sales and favorable recommendations.
- Begin providing field employees with personnel development plans, monitoring, and coaching as well as constant performance related feedback.
- Act as a team player; lead by example; provide necessary and frequent communication to team to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the department.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management/Sciences, Engineering (electrical, mechanical, building science, etc.) or related discipline
- Positive safety attitude and personal integrity - both are non-negotiable
- Be highly customer-service oriented
- Prior experience in the electrical or construction field preferred
Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to think independently, conceptually, and apply practical solutions
- Capabilities to self-start, display solid work ethic, and aspire to move ahead.
- The talent to act decisively and aggressively through positive communication with others.
- Be willing and capable of completing personal development plans for self and subordinates preferred. Desire to learn and grow personally and professionally required.
- Ability to effectively utilize basic Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to maintain a consistent workload that involves moderate manual labor in outdoor environments
- Ability to accurately multi-task in a fast-paced environments
- High level of mechanical aptitude demonstrated by high school and college classes (not gaming or information technology)
- Ability to maintain workloads that may include interstate and intrastate travel and daily timeframes that could exceed typical business hours
- Demonstrate problem solving abilities
- Strong desire to learn and to be a contributing team member
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office products and the web
- Strong desire to be part of a dynamic and Servant Leadership based company
About Pieper Electric, Inc.:
Operating since 1947, Pieper Electric and its parent company PPC Partners are a full service electrical/mechanical, construction, and service company with over 1,400 employees operating throughout nine states. Based out of Wisconsin, Pieper is divided into small, highly specialized units, offering today's widest range of services in electrical and mechanical, data/comm., automation & controls, energy management, and underground construction. Our expertise allows us to serve as a powerhouse in the industrial, residential, and commercial settings.
As an employee owned company we seek ambitious, ethical employees who are willing to learn and grow for a lifetime through servant leadership. Our People are Our Power. Please visit us at www.pieperpower.com
5477 S Westridge Ct New Berlin, WI 53151
2 months ago