Sorry, this job was closed 4 months ago. See all open Electrical Estimator Jobs in Kenosha, WI
Electrical Estimator (construction)
Benefits Offered401K, Medical, Vision, Life, Dental
Why Work Here?
“Our People Are Our Power!”
Pieper Electric’s Kenosha facility is seeking an Estimator that will be responsible for all aspects of construction cost estimates and proposals of electrical subcontract work. This responsibility will include the timeliness, quality, accuracy, and output for all estimates.
For a high-drive individual, this position has the potential to grow into a Project Manager with added responsibility and opportunity.
- Prepare detailed accurate material, labor, equipment, subcontracts, construction facilities, etc. estimates.
- Attend on-site pre-bid/proposal conferences and site visits to determine scope of work, accessibility and content of estimates
- Review instructions and proposal specifications, drawings, technical data, etc. necessary to estimate the work.
- Prepare scope specifications and requirements, prepare and inputs project schedules, perform quantity take-offs, prepare cost summary sheets, and input quantities into estimating software
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, other bids, job reports, into unit and man-hour figures for estimates.
- Prepare full-scope estimates on small, medium, and large-scale projects, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure all documentation is maintained to support estimate figures.
- Work with Project Managers, Engineering, and management, as needed, in the preparation and final evaluation of bids.
- Ensure the best possible material and subcontracting costs.
- Analyze alternative solutions and construction methods to increase competitiveness.
- Develop relationships with subcontractors and suppliers by creating strategic alliances to ensure competitiveness.
- Perform additional responsibilities as directed.
Skills and Experience
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience estimating $100K-$5M electrical construction projects
- Strong knowledge of estimating techniques, engineering disciplines, and cost control techniques
- Ability to read, understand and organize construction plans and specifications
- Knowledge and proficiency with Accubid software preferred
- Must be capable of effectively communicating with all levels of project and operations management and the client
- Must identify potential problems and elevate these to the appropriate level(s) of management
- Good planning and organizational skills required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills needed
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Pieper Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females are encouraged to apply
About Pieper Electric, Inc.:
Operating since 1947, Pieper Electric and its parent company PPC Partners are a full service electrical/mechanical, construction, and service company with over 1,400 employees operating throughout nine states. Based out of Wisconsin, Pieper is divided into small, highly specialized units, offering today's widest range of services in electrical and mechanical, data/comm., automation & controls, energy management, and underground construction. Our expertise allows us to serve as a powerhouse in the industrial, residential, and commercial settings.
As an employee owned company we seek ambitious, ethical employees who are willing to learn and grow for a lifetime through servant leadership. Our People are Our Power. Please visit us at www.pieperpower.com
Posted date: 4 months ago
Browse Electrical Estimator jobs in Kenosha, WI: