Electrical Engineer (construction)
Benefits OfferedDental, Medical, Life, 401K, Vision
Recognized as one of the largest privately held electrical contractors in the country, Pieper Electric is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to design installations for commercial, light industrial and multi-family construction projects. If you are ethical and are looking to grow your career, Pieper Electric wants to talk to you!
What you will do:
- Design/build, design/assist and engineer various electrical construction installation projects.
- Perform pricing take off and understand estimated costs of savings to present to internal and external customers at a scope or bid review
- Create new ideas to identify savings, reduce cost and add value through conceptual thinking
- Work with all project/department managers to present concepts to the customers and coordinate and implement them into the job.
- Thoroughly communicate changes in the job with the Project Manager, Foreman, or Crew
- Assist in the preparation of purchase orders, work orders for equipment necessary.
- Travel to construction sites (approximately 30% local travel)
- Promote and encourage open communication between field and office regarding all safety concerns, suggestions, improvements, and PPE needed.
What we are looking for:
- A self-motivated, independent, conceptual thinker that is detail oriented and thinks outside the box
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Five (5) to ten (10) years’ experience in the electrical construction industry
- A highly competent AutoCAD operator, proficient in all Microsoft products (Excel, Work, Visio, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- FE, EIT, or PE accreditation a plus
Pieper Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females are encouraged to apply
About Pieper Electric, Inc.:
At Pieper Electric, Inc., "Our People Are Our Power" isn't just a phrase; it's our way of life. We work tirelessly to keep our people safe, enlighten and stimulate their minds, and teach them how to be good stewards to the community in a truly Serving way. From these efforts, we are able to maintain the highest quality standards in the industry. We back up our quality installations with exceptional service and business performance few can match.
Pieper Electric, Inc. is one of the largest privately held electrical contractors in the country. Operating since 1947, we are a full service electrical/mechanical, construction, and service company with divisions based in Wisconsin with affiliates throughout the United States. Pieper is a large contractor divided into small, highly specialized units, offering today's widest range of services in electrical and mechanical, plumbing & HVAC, data/comm., automation & controls, energy management, and underground construction. Our expertise allows us to serve as a powerhouse in the industrial, residential, and commercial settings. Pieper Electric, Inc. is an employee owned company which also does business as Ideal Mechanical, Spring City Electric, and Schultz Electric through a network of locations that service both Wisconsin and Illinois.
Pieper Electric and its parent company PPC Partners have operations in nine states with over 1,300 employees nationally producing $250 million in revenue a year. We are committed to being the leading contractor for quality electrical service and seek competent, ambitious, ethical employees, who are willing to learn and grow for a lifetime using a servant leadership philosophy. Our employees must exhibit mutual respect, a servant's heart, integrity, and high performance. As an Employer of Choice, we seek knowledge-based workers who believe in continuous learning, ethical standards and high morals and values.
Pieper Electric is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees, to view our EEO policy statement, please visit: careers.ppcpartnersinc.com.
20+ other people applied to this job.
Posted 8 days ago