Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
Peterson Party Center (PPC) is a premium special events rental company serving the most discerning clients in the greater New England area. Our Company has the reputation for providing clean, fashionable table top products including: flatware, place settings, glassware, linens, portable equipment and specialty service items for all occasions. As a Supervisor on this team, you will be responsible for maintaining and increasing our reputation through the quality of your work and the work of those you supervise and in the professional manner you conduct yourself as you interact with our employees, internal customers, the general public and our clients as a Peterson’s Party Center Supervisor. The equipment you handle will be used at the most exclusive events in the region as well as the most important personal events marking milestones in private homes and yards. Your behavior, client interaction and performance as you work, is the foundation of the PPC reputation. Our motto is “Perfect or better” and those are our expectations of you. You will report to the Load Team Supervisor. Initial performance evaluation will be after 90 days on job. Start times vary per shift/business volume; typically 5AM, 11AM and 3PM.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary duty of the load crew is loading and unloading of route trucks based on itinerary set by dispatch, as well as the check-in and restocking of returned inventory. This position is a 2nd/3rd shift position and will report directly to Load Crew Supervisor:
- Load and unload flatware, dishes, glassware, linen and service equipment in/from delivery vehicles, paying strict attention to order accuracy.
- Complete driver cover sheets, noting any missing items
- Turn in completed paperwork to dispatch after completion of load shift
- Verify inventory being removed from trucks and communicate any quantity discrepancies
- Restock and select inventory to/from warehouse locations
- Expedite material flow through the warehouse to/from specific departments through supervised employees
- Maintain proper housekeeping standards in work area for a clean and safe work environment.
- Responsible for accuracy in loading and complying with order notes and details.
- Responsible for maintaining the stability of the load through proper stacking, shrink wrapping and strapping.
- Respectful interactions with multi-lingual team, internal customers, Leaders and clients
- Follow directions to safely perform all tasks assigned
- Participates in a safety culture that includes no recordable accidents and no loss time injuries.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must not have any felony convictions in last 7 years
- Must pass drug test if operating any Peterson Party Center vehicles
- Must be able to report to work as scheduled
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours per day, for a targeted maximum of 60 hours per week
- Must be available to work on Saturday and Sunday
- Must be able to read and understand order paperwork
- Must be able to count and perform basic math skills
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry 75 pounds during a long work period
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team and be willing to follow directions of Load Team Supervisor and Department Manager
- Must be able to meet deadlines and follow through on projects
- Must have own reliable transportation to and from work
- Must be professional in appearance and behavior, with minimal visible body alterations
- Must be willing to perform tasks as assigned in the a safe and conscientious a manner, respectful of co-workers, customer and PPC property
- Must have a positive attitude
- Delivery experience is a plus, but not required
- Warehouse experience is a plus, but not required
About Peterson Party Center:
Peterson Party Center is a privately owned, premium, full service special events rental company, primarily serving the Greater Boston and Central New England areas. We have been in business for over 40 years and have a reputation as a high quality, high service organization. We are based out of Woburn, Massachusetts and are experiencing record growth. We offer a hands-on approach with a friendly atmosphere that our employees enjoy working in. Our compensation and benefits packages are highly competitive as we seek to hire the best talent in the industry!
All Jobs at Peterson Party Center
Posted 17 days ago