Electrical Engineering Position requires thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques. Responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical products, equipment, components, and systems for commercial and industrial purposes. Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, programs, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and industry standards.
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation and/or modification of the following:
• Electrical drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs.
• Project controls, cost estimates, and change orders.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Requires a broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and a solid knowledge of principles and practices of related technical areas.
• Performs assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from Department Manager and or engineering specialist on unusual or complex problems.
• Assigns and coordinates work to Drafters, Designers, and Engineers.
• Assume the lead engineer’s role on assigned projects.
• Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
• Direct and coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
• Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing and installation standards and specifications.
• Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
• Ensure proper interdisciplinary coordination and effective communication on projects.
• Analyze reports, maps, drawings, tests, and other data to plan and design work.
• Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages.
• Requires independent contact with Clients, vendor’s representatives and project field personnel. Attend and participate in Client meetings.
• Direct and/or participate in job site visits to collect or deliver design and engineering data.
• Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, and over seven years of experience with advance knowledge in electrical engineering, obtainable usually through a combination of experience and continuing education; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Special Requirements/Licensing:
• Automotive electrical engineer with both 12V and 24V experience
• Motor control design experience
• Logic design experience
• Microchip micro-controller designer
• Analog and digital sensors
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
Compensation: $70,000 to $82,000 Company provides a competitive package of benefits. Relocation is included.
About the Company: Privately held, non-automotive located in the north central Indiana.
For more information about this opportunities and others, please go to www.peterssearchgroup.com.
This position is located in the united States and is not available for immigration sponsorship.
About Peters Search Group:
Peters Search Group (PSG) www.peterssearchgroup.com has provided recruiting services for full-time direct-hire and contract placements since 1988. Headquartered in Angola, Indiana. Provide world-class service to our clients and candidates focused in production management, engineering, quality assurance and manufacturing administration in the Indiana/Michigan/Ohio region and throughout the United States. All openings are employer paid positions - never a fee to the candidate.
Full-time direct hire and contract recruiting with specialties in the metal and plastic manufacturing industries: Senior Managers, Supervisors, CNC Programmers, Materials, Production Control, Engineers, Quality Assurance, and Accountants/CPA.
Posted 3 years ago
Industrial Goods and Services,