Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Inventory Planner Jobs in Beverly, MA
A highly visible supply chain role that will oversee the Mass Merchant Division Demand Planning (forecasting and inventory) requirements process. This is a hands-on position responsible for developing and executing Demand Plans and inventory plans that will enable the new Division to meet sales and service objectives. Collaboration with other members of the supply chain, sales, merchandising, marketing, and customer support teams is paramount to achieve these sales and service objectives.
This newly created position reports to the Director, Inventory Management & Global Transportation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and generate weekly and monthly statistical forecast reports
• Continuously improve forecasting techniques, methods, and approaches
• Relate and measure the impact of forecast accuracy
• Evolve and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems
• Conduct current and future forecasting analysis, insuring forecasting processes and methods are followed
• Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, and inventory levels).
• Establish and utilize best methods (statistical models and software tools) in creating forecasts and respective inventory targets.
• Make recommended adjustments to forecast and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trends.
• Lead forecast and inventory planning meetings with Sales, Merchandising, Marketing and Inventory; reviewing recommended sales forecasts and inventory goals (emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, and promotions).
• Manage inventory targets (including safety stock levels) that are approved by management.
• Prepare, report, and communicate forecast and inventory measurements to management (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs. targets).
• Monitor SKU levels and recommend SKU rationalization initiatives in the future
• Proactively facilitate, re-engineer, best practices & consensus between functional experts (Demand Planning, Inventory Planning, Purchasing, Sales & Marketing, Operations, Finance, and IT)
• Background in master scheduling, forecasting, procurement and planning.
• Strong analytical abilities and knowledge of demand planning process with large Retailers
• Experience using an ERP statistical software package
• Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues
• Good communication and Team building skills
• Ability to lead cross-functionally.
• Detail oriented and accurate
• Extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical abilities
• Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics, turns, margin contributions, etc.
• Collaborative skills in resolving long and short positions in inventory.
• Experience in managing end of life cycle and absolute inventory.
• 3+ years related experience
• 4 year college degree
PetEdge offers a comprehensive training program. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including generous employee discount and business casual work environment along with a talented team of associates.
If you are interested in being part of a team environment and working in an exciting and dynamic, growth company, please email email@example.com
NOT USING AGENCIES
100 Cummings Center, 307B
Beverly, MA 01915
Do you know that the pet industry is $ 51 billion and growing? Do you know that the pet industry has grown every year for the last 15 years and is one of the only industries to post consistent growth during difficult economic times? Do you know that many economic experts consider the pet industry to be recession-resistant because of the devotion that pet "parents" show their extended family members?
PetEdge is a nationwide wholesale distributor and manufacturer of professional quality pet care supplies and equipment. We have trend setting products at unbeatable prices with eye-catching retail packaging. We are a leading B2B provider of pet products for independent retailers and pet care professionals. Groomers, kennels, veterinarians, breeders, and active enthusiasts have access to over 12,000 national brands and exclusive PetEdge brand products.
PetEdge is a family-owned company with the mission "To make PetEdge the only company our customers would want to do business with and the only company that our associates would want to work for."
We are a leading company within the healthy and growing pet industry with headquarters in Beverly, MA. PetEdge markets to pet care professionals and retailers through a combination of catalogs, e-commerce, and a sales force.
PetEdge offers a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, an employee discount and much more. We have a business casual work environment along with a talented team of associates.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Inventory Planner jobs in Beverly, Massachusetts: