The Allocation Analyst will be responsible for creating actions and purchase orders for initial buys and reorders for our catalog, web and resale merchandise. The Analyst will work closely with Planners, Merchandising and Sales staff. The associate will effectively use the replenishment system and reporting services to increase knowledge about business trends, category and item performance; to achieve fill rate standards and revenue growth. The individual must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize them in accordance with the challenges of a rapidly changing retail environment. It will be helpful to have some knowledge of planning, supply chain and inventory systems.
- The individual must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be able to prioritize them in accordance with the challenges of a rapidly changing retail environment.
- Continuously and consistently execute scheduled daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Ensure reports come out accurately and as scheduled
- Reconcile report data against other reports and/or financial statements to ensure data integrity
- Catch and correct processing errors or bad data points before releasing the reports
- Responsible to manage Back Orders, receipt flow and timely deliveries
- Responsible to coordinate and communicate with Inventory Management department on all initial and re-buy information, shipping, production and back order statusRResss
- Develop and implement solutions to improve inventory turnover and dealer replenishment.
- Manage inventory, delivery dates and fill rates for assigned suppliers.
- Anticipate potential backorder cases and work closely with suppliers and inventory management to expedite the product.
- Execute purchasing and order placement.
- Strong analytical skills required
- Performs complex and highly detailed work with accuracy and precision.
- Acts with strong sense of urgency to anticipate customer needs.
- Maintains a collaborative partnership with all departments and team members
- Makes quality inventory and purchase recommendations to Merchants and Planners
- Makes quick, intelligent fact-based decisions.
- Takes responsible risks to find lasting solutions to difficult problems.
- Analyzes sales & inventory levels to ensure that reorder recommendations made by the replenishment system reflect the sales trend and turnover targets
- Ability to work alone and be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- 4 year college degree prefer degree in math, finance or economics, supply chain or inventory management
- Catalog or retail experience desired
Do you know that the pet industry is $ 51 billion and growing? Do you know that the pet industry has grown every year for the last 15 years and is one of the only industries to post consistent growth during difficult economic times? Do you know that many economic experts consider the pet industry to be recession-resistant because of the devotion that pet "parents" show their extended family members?
PetEdge is a nationwide wholesale distributor and manufacturer of professional quality pet care supplies and equipment. We have trend setting products at unbeatable prices with eye-catching retail packaging. We are a leading B2B provider of pet products for independent retailers and pet care professionals. Groomers, kennels, veterinarians, breeders, and active enthusiasts have access to over 12,000 national brands and exclusive PetEdge brand products.
PetEdge is a family-owned company with the mission "To make PetEdge the only company our customers would want to do business with and the only company that our associates would want to work for."
We are a leading company within the healthy and growing pet industry with headquarters in Beverly, MA. PetEdge markets to pet care professionals and retailers through a combination of catalogs, e-commerce, and a sales force.
PetEdge offers a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, an employee discount and much more. We have a business casual work environment along with a talented team of associates.
Posted 3 years ago