Sorry, this job was closed 4 years ago. See all open Account Manager Jobs in Beverly, MA
Account Manager with selling into the pet industry experience
Purpose of Position
An Account Manager is an outbound phone position actively working with customers on a daily basis to understand there business needs and grow sales. In this role you will work directly with our end customers. An Account Manager will interact daily with their customer’s to better understand their business models, demographics, competition and business needs. You will be selling in a B2B environment. However, depending on your assigned territory there may be some B2C as well as online retailers you will be working with. Develop your existing account base and grow the sales. You will also prospect daily looking for new retail opportunities. Our customers put a lot of faith in our industry and product knowledge and look to us to consult with them about current trends. You will have an assigned territory and a monthly quota. You will be expected to grow revenue/margin by a set percentage over last year every month. The ability to work independently is essential but you must also be able to work/support a team environment.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned. Management also reserves the right to change or modify position descriptions from time-to-time to meet the needs of the business with or without notice).
- Aggressively seeks and finds new territory
- Generate business leads
- Interacts with prospects in developing categories to give business
- Responsible for territory analysis
- Mix assortment planning by category
- Ability to create cohesive coordinates or collections into a planogram
- Assist the client in developing applications and planning of jobs
- Identifies current and future needs of customer and potential customers
- Generates viable sales leads and prospects through market and account research, sales events, networking, vendor events and computer programs. Contacts assigned and prospective accounts to secure new business.
- Develops and executes profitable business plans for managing accounts. Teams with individuals within sales and key corporate personnel to communicate account plans, pricing, and offer assistance to drive sales.
- Develop, execute and communicate business plans for profitably growing sales of assigned customers. Provides market and competitor information to appropriate channel within the company. Accountable for attaining assigned sales quota, part margin and controllable expense objectives.
- Maintains a current and competent base of product knowledge and applies that knowledge when servicing customers.
- Aware and in pursuit of opportunities for account growth and new business
- Engage in planned travel that results in ROI once a quarter
- Communicates the client's goals and represent the client's interests to the team
- Understanding of company capabilities and service, and effectively communicates all offerings to the client
- Daily customer service needs of existing accounts in regards to products, defects and recommendations.
- Deciding if a new customer would benefit and meet the requirements of PEDS.
- In some cases, determining the most cost efficient way to ship product to the customer.
- Negotiating pricing for customer orders
- Coordinates with the DC to effectively ship orders in a timely manner for high level accounts
- Additional works with the DC to communicate special instructions for packing
- Works on special pricing/spreadsheets for custom products/new product assortments
- Executes planograms for customers & builds end caps to their needs.
- Works internally to solve problems with many different departments.
Required Position Skills
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Oral Communication Skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Problem solving skills
- Service Orientation
- Team Work
- Customer service appreciation and awareness
- High volume account management skills
- Proven success in meeting or exceeding sales quotas
- Experience servicing assigned territory accounts
- New business development skills required
- Possess the ability to generate and foster relationships with customers
- Experience with full sales cycle (prospect, qualify, negotiate, sell/up-sell, close, follow-up, maintain)
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a large sales team
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Ability to conduct presentations
- Ability to travel and do sets
- Passionate about people, culturally sensitive, develops and motivates others, innovative, energetic, organized, disciplined and focused
- Focus on the Customer. . . Seek to understand the customer and internal customer and meet the needs of both the customer and the Company.
- Attend to Details . . . Ensure that work is accurate, thorough and to the highest standards.
- Take Responsibility . . . Demonstrate personal ownership to tasks and follow through to get the required results.
Do you know that the pet industry is $ 51 billion and growing? Do you know that the pet industry has grown every year for the last 15 years and is one of the only industries to post consistent growth during difficult economic times? Do you know that many economic experts consider the pet industry to be recession-resistant because of the devotion that pet "parents" show their extended family members?
PetEdge is a nationwide wholesale distributor and manufacturer of professional quality pet care supplies and equipment. We have trend setting products at unbeatable prices with eye-catching retail packaging. We are a leading B2B provider of pet products for independent retailers and pet care professionals. Groomers, kennels, veterinarians, breeders, and active enthusiasts have access to over 12,000 national brands and exclusive PetEdge brand products.
PetEdge is a family-owned company with the mission "To make PetEdge the only company our customers would want to do business with and the only company that our associates would want to work for."
We are a leading company within the healthy and growing pet industry with headquarters in Beverly, MA. PetEdge markets to pet care professionals and retailers through a combination of catalogs, e-commerce, and a sales force.
PetEdge offers a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, an employee discount and much more. We have a business casual work environment along with a talented team of associates.
Posted 4 years ago
Browse Account Manager jobs in Beverly, Massachusetts: