Sorry, this job was closed 10 days ago.
“High growth, small company working on crucial technologies - a place where you can make a big impact right away.”
Petabridge is in the business of shipping popular open source .NET frameworks like Akka.NET (http://getakka.net/) for building large scale applications in .NET. In addition to our open source tools we also build exciting proprietary DevOps technologies on top of our open source, such as Phobos (https://phobos.petabridge.com/) and Petabridge.Cmd (https://cmd.petabridge.com/.)
We are looking to hire an exceptional developer who is interested in tackling these great challenges with us.
As part of this job, you will receive an immense amount of training directly from the CEO and Founder and will work side-by-side with him in our offices in Houston, TX. Should you be successful at Petabridge, you will develop exceptional programming and systems design skills that will make you peerless within the software industry.
You will learn how to write robust, automated tests; work with sockets and non-HTTP network stacks; build resilient distributed systems; fix and solve complex bugs and race conditions; build APIs that age well over time; performance optimization, testing, and design; and how to create new tools and products from scratch.
The work you create at Petabridge will impact the world at a scale that is simply impossible for most programming jobs – our tools are used to treat cancer, to improve railway safety, to build power networks, to create multi-player games, to improve returns for retirement funds, and thousands of applications and more.
If you’ve been looking for an opportunity to create work that is both technically challenging and impactful, this is the job for you. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Take the leap of faith and apply.
Open Source Engineering
1. Create world class open source software tools in .NET and C#;
2. Respond to bug reports and incidents filed by users in our open source projects;
3. Participate with other contributors and users on Github, Gitter chat, StackOverflow, and other public forums where our software is being discussed and used;
4. Submit pull requests, complete pull request reviews, and contribute to our open source projects; and
5. Update documentation, tutorials, and examples where needed.
1. Work with fellow team members to maintain our build, deployment, and testing systems;
2. Create design documents and proposals for the creation of new products, features, and bug fixes;
3. Investigate problems with existing products, services, and tools developed by Petabridge;
4. Respond to support tickets from customers; and
5. Independently explore opportunities to create new product offerings, open source tools, and more.
Documentation and Training
1. Help create world-class documentation to assist users in adopting our open source and proprietary tools;
2. Create innotative and fun examples that showcase the abilities of our technologies; and
3. Maintain our current customer-facing training curriculums and examples.
Prior experience is good; being a highly motivated person who is invested in our organization and our staff is better; being a person who shares our values is best. And we only hire the best.
We prefer candidates with the following experience and skills, but these are not requirements.
Please see https://petabridge.com/careers/ for a bit of background on Petabridge as a company. And in particular, please read up on our engineering culture here: https://petabridge.com/careers/engineering-culture.html
Petabridge is a world leader in building .NET distributed systems and distributed systems tools; we serve our customers by providing them with professional-grade open source software packages, proprietary tooling, consulting, training, and support. We build and maintain tools like Akka.NET, NBench, Phobos, and more!
Founded in 2015 in Los Angeles, we have been rapidly growing over the past 3 years, increasing our profitability at a rate of 81% year over year on average. We’re a very small team and are looking to expand our presence in Houston with some talented and motivated people.
Please see for more details https://petabridge.com/careers/
Company address: 708 Main Street, Houston, TX, 77002
Posted date: 25 days ago
Browse Engineer jobs in Houston TX USA:
Flexicrew Technical Services (FTS) in Houston, TX
Posted 4 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Core Group Resources in Houston, TX
Posted 16 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Logicbulls Inc in Houston, TX
Posted 4 days ago on ZipRecruiter