Sorry, this job was closed 3 years ago. See all open Mechanical Engineer Jobs in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Billion dollar firm in Minneapolis has a need for a Senior Mechanical Engineer. This is a full time position with a full benefits package and relocation. If interested please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
In this highly visible role you’ll be responsible for driving the product development efforts of the engineering teams by conceiving, analyzing and developing new design concepts for and coordinating the process with R&D, Applications and Manufacturing Departments.
You will be familiar with a wide variety of manufacturing technologies and able to easily learn and understand newer technologies. You’ll design and lay out product formats to satisfy the requirements and support improvement initiatives of existing and new products, you’ll have practical hands-on experience in the design of platforms
and you’ll work with domestic and international company resources and vendors to move designs from prototype to production.
Design mechanical components and assemblies for new and legacy sensing products targeted for high purity applications. Designs will consist of mechanical and electro-mechanical components. Create multiple concepts to be used in the development of new platform or breakthrough products. Aids in the investigation of concepts to optimize and enhance the product design. Defines and implements solutions for derivative products. Coordinate process changes or new process development needed for new products. Creates mechanical designs of products as required and transfers those concepts into accurate Inventor or Solidworks models, assemblies and drawings.
Analysis and Testing
Oversee and conduct analysis and testing to insure that new products meet all appropriate mechanical and reliability requirements. This position will aid in analyzing design concepts in regards to reliability, manufacturability, cost effectiveness, and optimal ergonomics. Performs mathematical computations, creates computer models and assemblies for the purpose of computer analysis and engineering simulation. Assists in appropriate testing of prototype parts and products; analyzes, interprets and communicates findings.
· BS in Mechanical Engineering with extensive hands-on product development experience.
· A proven track record of bringing new products into Manufacturing with successful market launches.
· Experience with sensors and sensing devices, namely temperature and pressure, is desirable.
· Experience in high volume manufacturing desirable.
· Experience in design and manufacture of using high purity plastics such as PFA, PTFE.
· Knowledge in Semiconductor hardware and systems desirable.
· Experience / knowledge of lean manufacturing and six sigma philosophies are preferred.
· Experienced in performing design FMEA, process FMEA, and House of Quality desired.
· Experience in general plastics and sheet metal design is desired.
· Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally.
Browse mechanical engineer jobs in Minneapolis, Minnesota:
George Konik Associates, Inc. in Minneapolis, MN
Posted 19 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Rolle Schmidt & Associates in Minneapolis, MN
Posted 7 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Buhler Inc. in Plymouth, MN
Posted 10 days ago on ZipRecruiter