Sorry, this job was closed 3 days ago. See all open Director Of Jobs in Watertown, MA
Department: Perkins Solutions
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Perkins School for the Blind, located near Boston, was the first school for the blind chartered in the United States in 1829. For over 180 years, Perkins School for the Blind has provided quality educational and residential services to students who are blind, visually impaired or deafblind, empowering them to reach their maximum potential. Perkins School for the Blind embraces diversity in ability, thought, culture and belief. We provide equal education and employment opportunities and value the unique talents and contributions of all of our students and staff.
The Director of Digital Accessibility role is the practice lead for Perkins Solutions accessibility consulting and key contributor to the internal accessibility programs within the School.
As consulting practice lead, this individual manages the P&L of Perkins Access, supervises project activities and manages the consulting team lead and other project team resources. This person will work to identify opportunities and convert leads into consulting engagement contracts. The Director is responsible for well-defined engagement scope, establishing testing boundaries, conducting testing as required, managing the test-results database, and communicating progress through the course of the engagement. As required, this individual will serve as Perkins Solutions engagement manager as required by the activity. This person will have excellent technical expertise and currency in accessibility standards, and must communicate clearly and effectively with clients. This person will also lead proposal writing efforts. This individual will be available to present to the Perkins Solutions Committee on a quarterly basis.
This person also engages in industry related speaking opportunities and chairs the internal Perkins Accessibility Committee.
This role is a Director-level role, requiring someone who can implement, manage, and the drive accessibility at the program level and at the business level---both internally for Perkins-managed properties and externally for our clients and customers. Below are the main duties that the person must be prepared to do.
· Lead the development of an overall consulting strategic/programmatic framework
· Lead proposal efforts
· Chair the Perkins Accessibility Committee
· Manage Client accounts
· Manage P&L of the consulting practice
· Contribute to test plan development
· Team leadership, motivating and coordinating team members
· Mentoring and supporting junior staff
· Excellent written and communication skills
· Ability to interface with the client and provide project status updates
· Ability to read introductory-level HTML code
· Evaluates potential new products and participates in new product development reviews
· Contributes to Perkins-wide learning initiatives around accessibility and best practices for digital/information design, including content development, strategy development, and training execution.
· Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree required.
· Related work experience can be substituted for a portion of the educational requirements.
· Minimum 10 years working experience in consulting, Technology Solutions or Accessibility Compliance.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
· Master’s Degree.
For a more detailed description of the position and to apply, please visit our website http://www.perkins.org/get-involved/careers and submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
Benefits: We provide a complete benefits package which includes tuition reimbursement, medical and dental insurance, LTD and Life insurance, retirement programs and staff development and training.
Perkins seeks to enhance its community of intellectually, culturally, and socially diverse individuals to enrich the educational experience of our students. Applicants from a multicultural background, are bilingual, and/or who have relevant life experience are encouraged to apply.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Perkins is a progressive, multi-faceted organization committed to improving the lives of people with blindness and deafblindness all around the world. Our five areas of focus operate every day to carry out Perkins' aspirational mission. Our organization is driven by a proven team of experts. Our history of excellence pushes us to actively seek the next innovation the world holds. We are Perkins ever-evolving to meet the challenge.
Posted 23 days ago
Browse director of jobs in Watertown, Massachusetts:
Nectar Services Corp. in Burlington, MA
Posted 3 days ago on ZipRecruiter
InsuranceTechies in Woburn, MA
Posted 11 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Beer Works in Boston, MA
Posted 15 days ago on ZipRecruiter