Sorry, this job was closed 9 days ago. See all open Electrical Engineer Jobs in Dayton, OH
Compensation$100,000 to $130,000 Annually (plus commission)
Benefits Offered401K, Dental, Vision, Medical, Life
Offering a terrific succession plan that can lead to truly exciting career opportunity (Electrical Engineer Superintendent.)
Compensation: $100-130k base with 10% target bonus (pays up to 20%) and consistently above 100%
Location: Dayton OH
Our client is the world’s largest fertilizer company by capacity, producing potash (K), nitrogen (N) and phosphate (P). These primary crop nutrients are vital to maintaining healthy and productive soils. With operations and business interests in seven countries, they are an international enterprise and a key player in helping to feed the world. They truly believe their greatest assets are our people.
This position is responsible for the overall reliability of site electrical infrastructure as well as being responsible for coordination of all work related to maintaining or improving site electrical infrastructure. The Electrical Engineer is responsible for validating that all personnel performing work on the site electrical infrastructive are trained and qualified to perform such work.
• Oversee all personnel performing work on the site electrical infrastructure.
• Responsible for maintaining all safety related procedures for performing work on site electrical infrastructure. Validate that all personnel performing work on the site electrical infrastructure are trained and certified to perform such work.
• Responsible for design of all site electrical infrastructure including execution of capital work for improvements to site electrical infrastructure.
• Document and maintain overall design basis related to site electrical infrastructive including that equipment is in compliance with NEC and other related codes. Responsible for maintaining site electrical classification drawings.
• Provide technical support and troubleshooting to Operations and Maintenance departments related to any site electrical issues.
• Represent company for coordination of all electrical work being performed by other parties (e.g. INEOS or LRC).
• Provide technical support for Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and TapRoot incident investigations related to site electrical issues.
• Perform special studies and projects as directed by Engineering Manager.
• Provide input on technical design basis for electrical portion of capital projects.
• Provide technical support during detailed design phase of engineering. Responsible for insuring that detailed engineering is completed in accordance with RAGAGEP and other code requirements.
• Analyzes power system distribution and utilization equipment problems and/or failures and recommends corrective actions.
• Complete project/MOC assignments. Provide engineering for corrective action, obtain necessary approvals when required, issue written reports, and follow up to ensure proper completion.
• Maintains and upgrades personal competency field of expertise, staying current with the latest advances in technology. Upgrades and maintains personal competency for latest advances in electrical protection relays and other applied technologies as necessary.
• Provide technical support to the maintenance department on a day-to-day or emergency basis. Instruct plant personnel when practical and when deficiencies are noted. This accountability may require the off-plant witnessing of equipment testing/repair or vendor shop/expertise evaluation and the writing of purchase requisitions.
• Provide both formal and informal training to maintenance and operations personnel as needed to support the efficient and appropriate operation and maintenance of plant electrical equipment.
• Provides specialized knowledge for the analysis of electrical problems and equipment failures.
• Reviews "Management of Change" in the areas of electrical interlocks, power distribution, or electrical components and recommends corrective actions.
• Provides troubleshooting capabilities to area maintenance personnel on day to day control and interlock problems in such areas as electrical motors, drives, and controllers, power distribution, etc.
• Performs analytical calculations dealing with electrical raceways, voltage drop, feeder sizing, circuit protection, etc.
• Provides inspection service for electrical equipment and develops equipment repair procedures/recommendations.
• Monitor and report on the site transformer fleet maintenance by way of annual transformer fluid analysis.
• Update and originate electrical drawings as needed for electrical maintenance activities
• Develop switching procedures as needed for complex electrical tasks requiring special lockout or isolation measures.
• Assists in the professional development of engineers and others related to the development of skill sets required to perform electrical work.
- Education- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering (or related) discipline (PE preferred).
- Experience- minimum of 7-10 years experience in chemical plant environment (or related) with responsibilities involving:
- electrical engineering,
- maintenance, or
- experience in an engineering office would also qualify.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects in excess of $5.0 MM.
- Familiarity with industrial codes and standards is important.
- The position requires an ability to deal effectively with various departments, outside contractors and consultants.
- Ability to perform or manage day-to-day activities with minimal supervision is essential.
Posted date: 26 days ago
Browse Electrical Engineer jobs in Dayton, Ohio:
Critical Business Analysis, Inc. in Franklin, OH
Posted 22 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Perfect Fit Plaement Chemical Team JL in Dayton, OH
Posted 9 days ago on ZipRecruiter
Electrical Project Engineer
Food Plant Engineering, LLC in Dayton, OH
Posted 18 days ago on ZipRecruiter