Job Title: Market Research Analyst
Location: Raleigh/Durham, NC (Research Triangle Park area)
Salary: up to 110k plus excellent bonus and benefits package
The primary responsibility of this role is to develop and execute Market Research (Qualitative and Quantitative studies), including Vendor Selection and Management, Focus Group Coordination, Questionnaire and Sample Development.
The incumbent will:
Custom Market Research:
• set appropriate business strategy objectives for studies
• formulate research methodology and sampling
• vendor selection and management
• design study and questionnaire
• analyze results
• develop recommendations/conclusions and present results to various internal clients, including executive management.
• manage crop protection, seed treatment, horticulture, export-import databases
• analyze database information, collaborating with brand and crop managers, including crop, product, indication, pest, and acreage analysis export-import AI analysis supporting both brand management and business development market and crop forecasting
• provide recommendations/conclusions present findings to appropriate audiences
• manage database vendors
• collaborate on crop and brand initiatives crop team participation
• interface with and respond to global counterparts/initiatives
• create and deliver ad hoc analyses, reports, and presentations comprising company or other data sources as requested.
• monitor/analyze competitive and agriculture industry trends
• examine/analyze new industry developments – e.g. demographics, crop migration, new crops, agriculture future megatrends
• forecast crop planted/harvested acreage, product usage, ethanol developments, etc.
* Bachelor degree in agriculture, agronomy, business administration or related field
* 7+ years industry experience preferred, including market analysis and planning marketing research experience (agency or customer) preferred
* Excellent analytical skills, including data analytics and root cause analysis
* Experience with understanding and ability to communicate drivers familiar with modeling techniques and statistics (e.g. regression, cluster analysis, etc.)
* Understanding of brand management processes and activities particularly related to performance management and monitoring
* Capable of creating, leading, and managing analyses to completion and beyond