The Medical Products Division in Flagstaff, AZ is seeking a Molding Engineer to influence designs and drive the process development of molded thermoplastic components. This position will involve extensive team interactions in a variety of disciplines including engineering, quality, manufacturing and development teams throughout the Medical Products Division. Expectations for this individual will include:
· Relocation is offered for exceptional candidates.
· Hands-on operation of molding presses in a cleanroom environment.
· Ability to identify key process parameters to be used in process validation
· Internal supply of components for production and development teams
· Working both in team environments and independently to develop new molding processes
· Development of injection molding process and material specifications. Scientific molding principles should be applied.
· Authoring documentation in accordance with internal Quality System requirements, required for a regulated medical device manufacturer
· Interaction with outside suppliers for resin or outsourced molded parts
· Basic knowledge of molding ancillary equipment (i.e chillers, dryers)
The successful candidate will also be capable of troubleshooting processes and tooling, and coordinating the resolution of molding related issues. The candidate will also support/train manufacturing operators, conduct necessary maintenance activities of equipment, and implement statistical techniques and metrics used to monitor molding processes.
An Engineering degree plus transferable industry experience in plastics molding. The candidate must have a hands-on work style, with experience in plastic injection/insert molding equipment. The candidate must possess ability to apply his/her knowledge of DOE and fundamental statistics in developing/troubleshooting processes. A working knowledge of tool design and applicable molding industry practices is required.
The candidate must have good communications skills, both written and verbal. The ability to write technical protocols and reports is required. Previous experience in the medical device industry will be considered a "plus".
All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Must have the legal and ongoing authority to work in the US
Travel is expected 15% of the time
Posted 5 years ago