The Medical Products Division in Flagstaff, AZ is seeking a Molding Engineer to influence designs and drive the process development of molded thermoplastic components. This position will involve extensive team interactions in a variety of disciplines including engineering, quality, manufacturing and development teams throughout the Medical Products Division. Expectations for this individual will include:
· Relocation is offered for exceptional candidates.
· Hands-on operation of molding presses in a cleanroom environment.
· Ability to identify key process parameters to be used in process validation
· Internal supply of components for production and development teams
· Working both in team environments and independently to develop new molding processes
· Development of injection molding process and material specifications. Scientific molding principles should be applied.
· Authoring documentation in accordance with internal Quality System requirements, required for a regulated medical device manufacturer
· Interaction with outside suppliers for resin or outsourced molded parts
· Basic knowledge of molding ancillary equipment (i.e chillers, dryers)
The successful candidate will also be capable of troubleshooting processes and tooling, and coordinating the resolution of molding related issues. The candidate will also support/train manufacturing operators, conduct necessary maintenance activities of equipment, and implement statistical techniques and metrics used to monitor molding processes.
An Engineering degree plus transferable industry experience in plastics molding. The candidate must have a hands-on work style, with experience in plastic injection/insert molding equipment. The candidate must possess ability to apply his/her knowledge of DOE and fundamental statistics in developing/troubleshooting processes. A working knowledge of tool design and applicable molding industry practices is required.
The candidate must have good communications skills, both written and verbal. The ability to write technical protocols and reports is required. Previous experience in the medical device industry will be considered a "plus".
All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Must have the legal and ongoing authority to work in the US
Travel is expected 15% of the time
About People Science:
About People Science
The RPO Solution:
From our inception in 1997, companies have relied on People Science to break the code of their toughest and most complicated recruiting efforts. Acknowledging the importance of taking a fresh approach when in a War for Talent, we challenge ourselves to create processes, methodology and out of the box recruiting ideas to bring resolution to our clients critical staffing goals. As a result we have completed many RPO projects in our tenure and consider ourselves pioneers in the field of Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO). People Science provides End to End, Augmentation and Project RPO Services.
People Science is comprised of a team of forward thinkers and doers within Recruiting and Recruitment Processing. A precursor to employment with People Science is the ability to keep in pace with the rapidly changing world of employment and recruiting. The result: every client company is assigned a team of over achievers dedicated to meeting your objectives without fail.
Tailoring our services to your objectives, People Science can assume a portion of a recruitment segment, entire departments, or the companies complete recruiting department.
Posted 5 years ago
Industrial Goods and Services,
Metal and Plastics Products Manufacturing