As a leading manufacturer of vascular grafts, endovascular and interventional devices, surgical meshes for hernia repair, and sutures, we are looking for an experienced scientist/engineer to join our team in Wall, NJ.
You will work closely with teams that include colleagues in engineering, manufacturing, and sales and marketing to provide hands-on product and process development in support of catheter-related projects.
Responsibilities will include:
* Performing hands-on experimental design and execution, generating and evaluating prototypes, assessing product fitness for use, and ensuring completion of process scale-up and validation
* Effectively transitioning new technologies
* Designing, executing, and analyzing experiments and data using appropriate statistical techniques
* Partnering with manufacturing to support existing products on issues such as troubleshooting, corrective and preventative actions (CAPA), process improvements, cost reduction efforts, etc.
* Driving appropriate material selection, evaluation, and validation as they relate to new-product development requirements
* Creating procedures and providing training and coaching for technical and manufacturing associates
* Leading projects and project teams as needed to support new product and technology introductions
Required Job Qualifications
* Bachelors' degree in engineering or science
* At least 10 years' experience in thermoplastic extrusion or catheter design. An advanced degree may be considered in lieu of the full 10 years' experience.
* Hands-on experience in the thermoplastic molding and extrusion process, or a strong technical background in a relevant field
* Proven ability to effectively interact with and influence cross-functional associates in manufacturing, quality assurance, regulatory, product specialist, technical, and plant leadership roles
* Advanced knowledge and applied use of statistically based analysis
* Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical and quality issues
* A work style of hands-on involvement with all phases of projects
* Willingness to travel periodically
Desirable Job Qualifications
* Advanced degree in engineering or science
* Experience in:
>The medical-device or pharmaceutical industries
>New-product design and materials
>Medical-device and component quality systems
>Product development (internal and contract)
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Shift: Day (1st shift)
About People Science:
About People Science
The RPO Solution:
From our inception in 1997, companies have relied on People Science to break the code of their toughest and most complicated recruiting efforts. Acknowledging the importance of taking a fresh approach when in a War for Talent, we challenge ourselves to create processes, methodology and out of the box recruiting ideas to bring resolution to our clients critical staffing goals. As a result we have completed many RPO projects in our tenure and consider ourselves pioneers in the field of Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO). People Science provides End to End, Augmentation and Project RPO Services.
People Science is comprised of a team of forward thinkers and doers within Recruiting and Recruitment Processing. A precursor to employment with People Science is the ability to keep in pace with the rapidly changing world of employment and recruiting. The result: every client company is assigned a team of over achievers dedicated to meeting your objectives without fail.
Tailoring our services to your objectives, People Science can assume a portion of a recruitment segment, entire departments, or the companies complete recruiting department.
Posted 3 years ago